PDA

View Full Version : scenery.cfg location?

DaveKDEN
December 30th, 2013, 15:01
Where's the actual (operational) scenery.cfg file located in Win 7? I've found one in the main FSX folder, and one in the USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder. Neither of those files has any of my add on sceneries listed.

Naismith
December 30th, 2013, 15:02
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.CFG

DaveKDEN
December 30th, 2013, 15:15
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.CFG

Excellent - thanks! Man, MS sure puts stuff all over the place during installations.

manfredc3
December 30th, 2013, 16:57
Yes, FS does spread out it's files in different locations.

I see you live in Parker, CO. I am currently living on Colorado Spring, CO and am glad to find another flight simmer in Colorado

DaveKDEN
December 30th, 2013, 17:05
Yes, FS does spread out it's files in different locations.

I see you live in Parker, CO. I am currently living on Colorado Spring, CO and am glad to find another flight simmer in Colorado

Yes - been here for over 15 years now. I bet there's quite a bit more around here and there.

Francois
December 30th, 2013, 23:52
I keep forgetting all the locations and files too, even though I've been 'at it'now for well over 35 years. So I made a note in a little Notebook file and placed that in my 'administration folder'. I also made a shortcut to the scenery.cfg on my desktop (having to tinker with it daily). :-)

PHo17
December 31st, 2013, 03:26
Here: http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/ is a little freeware utility FlusiFix 2006 v.5.0 for FSX (and another for FS9) which finds FSX configure files for any version of Windows OS. It also lets one to edit them and includes some other useful properties. Default language on the page is German but it is easily changed to English (by clicking the Brittish Flag). There are also both German and English versions of the program downloadable on the page.

Pekka

manfredc3
January 1st, 2014, 21:53
Yes - been here for over 15 years now. I bet there's quite a bit more around here and there.

Actually there are... We have a small group that had a meeting last year at Centennial Airport. Always fun having beakfast while sharing thoughts about our passion for flight simming.

DaveKDEN
January 2nd, 2014, 06:09
Actually there are... We have a small group that had a meeting last year at Centennial Airport. Always fun having beakfast while sharing thoughts about our passion for flight simming.

"The Perfect Landing" restaurant - I love that place.