PDA

View Full Version : What are these (assume sports related)?

Paul Anderson
December 27th, 2013, 12:08
Don't recall seeing these before FTX Global.

WarHorse47
December 27th, 2013, 12:20
I'm just going to take a guess as it looks like something we have nearby.

I think it might be a sports complex consisting of four baseball diamonds with some sort of complex in the middle. The middle complex typically has restrooms, utility rooms, etc. to support the complex. Outer green areas are the fields themselves.

warchild
December 27th, 2013, 12:40
most assuredly thats four baseball diamonds. You can see the ruts in the ground from runners if you zoom into the top leftmost one..

Paul Anderson
December 27th, 2013, 14:25
Thanks all, noticed there was a libray object update file at FTX, applied update and they don't seem so plentiful now.
Am interested in FTX Vector, see a number of posts there about real world discrepancies.
Think I'll do same as when purchased FTX Global, hang back awhile until some updates made.
(was happy to see updates included in FTXG cd backup I ordered, less to download if system takes a dive)
l

Howellerman
December 27th, 2013, 16:20
Just an expansion on Warchild's statement: those are specific to "softball" fields, as there is no infield grass per regular baseball fields - it is just dirt, often hard as hell.

Makes those one-hoppers wicked nasty - ball can go high, low, or more commonly, right for the solar plexus or points south...