PDA

View Full Version : Combat Pilot mod for FSX

brettt777
December 26th, 2013, 09:05
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this Combat Pilot mod for FSX? I looked at the website and the servers shut down as of November, but it says you can still play the sim offline somehow. Anyone know how to do this? Is the Combat Pilot software still available? How can I do this?

spins_vmfa321
December 27th, 2013, 14:20
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this Combat Pilot mod for FSX? I looked at the website and the servers shut down as of November, but it says you can still play the sim offline somehow. Anyone know how to do this? Is the Combat Pilot software still available? How can I do this?

That effort is dead, sorry to say. They shut down a few months ago.

Jamal

TuFun
December 27th, 2013, 16:38
"Current members will receive an email with a special code to obtain this offline version of Combat Pilot for free. Expect this email at the end of this month (Nov)."

More info here: http://combatpilotseries.com/combat-pilot-series-decommissioned/

Support will end January 31 so email them for the special code.

warchild
December 28th, 2013, 06:10
heh.. a real honest to gods Navy pilot liked my Iris Flight model better than the cp model.. I'm all totally proud :) :) :) :)

falcon409
December 28th, 2013, 06:26
I had never heard of this before. Not surprisingly though, they fell victim to a double whammy. . .too few actual pilots flying AND (am I right about this?) those pilots having to pay to fly? If so, it's difficult enough as it is to get any kind of large turnout in Multiplayer when it's free to use. . .if you have to pay. . .wouldn't really make any difference how good it was, folks won't do that for long. They'll pay to try it, have some fun and then drop off. . .

Naruto-kun
December 28th, 2013, 06:47
TACPAC combined with the other virtual military groups out there offer everything that CP did plus more for waaaaaaay less(price of payware addons only).

brettt777
January 13th, 2014, 18:07
I received a link a few days ago to be able to purchase a single player version of Combat Pilot. It was only $20 so I decided to take the plunge. So far I've decided that it has potential but definitely needs some tweaking as it doesn't (for me at least) seem to interface all that well with FSX. What I was really after was the ability to fly the CP planes, weapons included, in FSX. While this is possible to a certain extent, I have yet to be able to get the weapons to work. If I load up the CP F-18C with the Zuni loadout, I get a plane with Zunis that actually flies very nicely and looks...okay but not fantastic. Certainly not what I have come to expect from A2A. Anyway, the problem is that all the rockets and missiles show up on the plane and the weapons system comes up, but the weapons count for any and all weapons is always at "0" so nothing can ever be deployed. This is as far as I have got with it; the UI for Combat Pilot itself is very awkward and frustrating to me, and when you go in and out of flights, etc., you never know when the FSX UI will pop up instead of CP. This morning I was trying it again and it somehow got into an FSX loop where it my machine kept opening up FSX to my default aircraft, only with the default CP controls configuration. I had to restart the system to get out of it. So anyway, I may have wasted $20 but I have some down time coming due to health issues so maybe I'll have time to figure out how to make it all work.

Victory103
January 13th, 2014, 18:17
The mission can be buggy, even outside of FSX as it is still using the same engine. As an initial tester/customer, you can look at it this way, you paid $20 for 4 new add-on aircraft (T-6B,T-45C,T-38C,F-18C). I stayed with it long enough to get to the Hornet, but never got those missions to work correctly. Agree with some of the concepts, as I had hoped to break the code on the FSX mission system and create a highly accurate USN training syllabus/pipeline using the real world CNATRA pubs.

Lewis-A2A
January 14th, 2014, 03:08
If I load up the CP F-18C with the Zuni loadout, I get a plane with Zunis that actually flies very nicely and looks...okay but not fantastic. Certainly not what I have come to expect from A2A.

We haven't produced an F-18 for ourselves or on contract for Madcatz.

thanks,
Lewis

Sieggie
January 14th, 2014, 05:18
I tried CP when it first went live and it scrambled my FSX install pretty badly. I kept the planes and they seem to work in FSX but all the changes they made to my configs to interface with their servers caused other stuff to not work correctly so it was all rolled back and never considered again. I am sure others encounted the same issues and just bailed.

Dave