PDA

View Full Version : A continuing question about the DLL.XML file

Navy Chief
December 26th, 2013, 05:45
A few days ago, I posted about having problems with my DLL.XML file, following installation of some addon aircraft (specifically, two Razbam aircraft). After installing those aircraft, I noticed Accu-feel and Instant Scenery was no longer on my Addon drop down menu.

I found a freeware software utility that repaired the file, except for Accu-feel. I uninstalled/reinstalled Accu-feel, and it is back on the Addon drop down menu.

This time I saved the DLL.XML file, so I can more easily repair it.

I took a look at the DLL.XML information that is included in the files associated with the Razbam aircraft. From the looks of it, I see references to the SDK toolkit, which I do NOT have installed, and question if I need to do so?

Do I need SDK?

And if I DO install SDK, etc...., when I reinstall the Razbam aircraft, will the DLL entries be correct then?

Thanks....NC

GypsyBaron
December 26th, 2013, 06:16
Those references to the SDK may be just default entries and most likely have the "Disabled" tags
set to "True", which would mean they are not active.

Do you see an entry for the "path" tags?

I have the SDK installed so I do not know for sure what the default dll.xml looks like. I havr
three SDK related entries. One for the 'object_placement.dll', one for the 'traffictoolbox.dll'
and one for the 'visualfxtool.dll'.

I seem to remember having specifically installed those SDK elements but didn't note the state of the
dll.xml before doing so.

I do not know if tf the Razbam aircraft need/use the SDK elements but I would guess that they do not.

Are there entries there now related to the Razbam aircraft? Most liely what you experienced was a
mis-behaving installer that messed up the dll.xml and caused your problems.

Ah, I just found my saved copy of the default dll.xml and indeed it DOES have default entries for
the SDK.

<!---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document> -->

Note that the 'Disabled' tags are set to 'True' as at that time I had NOT installed the SDK.

Paul