PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Light

dandog
December 25th, 2013, 19:36
Help, I have a night mystery light. How do I get rid of it. Scenario: I am flying at night over water, using dx9. The light follows me on the water. Looks like a landing/taxi light. I even took off without using my lights, and it's still there! Any thoughts?

KellyB
December 26th, 2013, 04:36
Are you declaring an unidentified flying object report?

Seriously, I have no idea; just couldn't resist:bump:

I have no doubt someone here will have some real advice. Is there any chance there might be something like a ship with a searchlight or perhaps a lighthouse nearby?

dandog
December 29th, 2013, 17:41
Does anyone have any ideas. The previous pictures were off shore at Atlantic City. These next ones are from off shore at Santa Barbara. This is seriously hampering my night flying. The light follows me as well, but the apex remains in the same place if I make a 180. Flying west off of California, the light starts below me and fans out to the south (off port side). If I make a 180, it is then off of the starboard side. It's just weird and annoying.

trucker17
December 29th, 2013, 21:20
Sounds like light Bloom......I get it from the moonlight effect in FSX.....When I disabled it, everything looked fine....

anthony31
December 30th, 2013, 19:27
I'm thinking it's moon related as well. Try changing the time or day (maybe two weeks ahead) to see if it has any affect on the position of the light and that may confirm that the moon is causing the problem (although beyond trucker17's suggestion I wouldn't know how to fix it. But at least identifiying the cause gets you half way on the road to a solution).

Montie
December 30th, 2013, 20:16
Are you by any chance using FS Water Configurator?

trucker17
December 30th, 2013, 21:37
Good point Montie.....

dandog
January 1st, 2014, 21:50
I did try FS Water Configurator a while back but have not been using it for some time. Something I did notice is that the mystery light seems to only show up on moonless nights. I have changed dates and times during different phases of the moon. With a moon, no mystery light. I am going to try other dates and moon phases and see how this plays out. If this is so, then why would a moonless night cause the mystery light? Could the coding for the moon be fubar'd. Gotta love FSX!