PDA

View Full Version : The coldest plane here... WIP

lucas81
January 18th, 2009, 12:30
Hi Guys,

New year, new work in progress. I have started my new project. Again, it is small GA aerodrome located in my country, but this time I had much better sources. During the Christmas, a friend of mine took pictures of the whole aerodrome and sent them to me. I got 200 mb's of high quality pictures and so I was finally to create really detailed scenery.

The aerodrome is located near Suwalki. This city is located in the NE part of the country and it is the coldest place here. It is nice location to have some short hop to some Baltic countries, Belarus or Russian Kaliningrad Oblast.

I decided to introduce few goodies, not seen in my projects before. First of all, I improved some waterclass and lakes in the area, since the UTX and default FSX are depicting them in the poor way. The next thing was the landclass. I erased default one and created vector, hand-drawn landclass based on Google maps.

Then I started with the objects. The new thing are the specular maps for the hangars which give a very nice look. To provide a good detail, I used 2048x2048 textures for several buildings. 3/4 of objects are ready at the moment. I have to build fuel station and couple of minor objects around the aerodrome.
To be honest, I was inspired by the Plum Island. I need a nice GA aerodrome to test new planes and for default location. I would like to create a "feel" of a small aerodrome. I hope that I will succeed ;)

Lucas

ROB
January 18th, 2009, 12:47
regards
ROB

jdhaenens
January 18th, 2009, 12:47
It looks great Lukasz. I like how you've integrated the photo textures.

Jim

lucas81
January 18th, 2009, 13:01
Thank you!

Jim, I always take a snap shot from above and then I open the bmp in my paint program along with the source phototexture. This way I can simply match it with the FSX textures. Another thing is that I check the seasonal variations in the countryside and then I match it with the phototexture by editing SbuilderX preferences in its .ini file.

One more thin regarding the scenery - This time I created a set of .bat files which allow to change the seasons easily (I mean trees in this case). And I'd like to apologise for the topic. It should be The coldest place here, not the coldest plane. :banghead: Sorry.

L.

Roger
January 18th, 2009, 13:07
:ernae: More flying hours in Poland coming up:engel016:

MCDesigns
January 18th, 2009, 13:26
:ernae: More flying hours in Poland coming up:engel016:

My thoughts exactly! beautiful work Lucas!!

Thoe6969
January 18th, 2009, 13:37
Wow looks real,fantastic work.:woot:

harleyman
January 18th, 2009, 16:20
WOW....Love the weathered benches and buildings...Excellent:applause:

Milton Shupe
January 18th, 2009, 19:34
Beautiful work Lucas ... it has a realistic feel to it. Well done! :applause:

JT8D-9A
January 19th, 2009, 03:41
Really beautiful work Lucas! It looks very real :applause: