PDA

View Full Version : Seafire for FSX

gray eagle
December 24th, 2013, 12:04
Interested in a native FSX Seafire (if such a thing) and the props won't disappear behind the clouds.

I am very aware of the AH seafire that has been "Converted" to FSX numerous times by numerous people, but it seams like the prop is issue
with clouds (like all former FS9 converts to FSX).

Naismith
December 24th, 2013, 14:53
Don't know how good they are but A. F. Scrub has done several freeware at flightsim.com

JensOle
December 25th, 2013, 01:11
I have painted up the realair spitfire ix as a seafire III and the spitfire XVI as seafire XV. Not 100%, but at least you got a great FSX native model. With the help of people from this forum we have got both the cat and a hook working. I posted several screenshots in my previous seafire thread.

JensOle
December 25th, 2013, 01:14
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?82753-quot-Seafire-Mk-L-III-quot&highlight=Seafire

gray eagle
December 25th, 2013, 04:03
I have painted up the realair spitfire ix as a seafire III and the spitfire XVI as seafire XV. Not 100%, but at least you got a great FSX native model. With the help of people from this forum we have got both the cat and a hook working. I posted several screenshots in my previous seafire thread.

Looks very nice JensOle, now when you say not 100% does that mean it is still a WIP? Looking forward to it's release when ready.
Thank you and a Merry Christmas.

Dumonceau
December 25th, 2013, 07:17
Don't know how good they are but A. F. Scrub has done several freeware at flightsim.com

I'm sorry, but AF Scrub's models are anything BUT FSX native. They are glorified port overs and of pretty bad quality at that...

Naismith
December 25th, 2013, 08:47
Harsh. :santahat:

thunder100
December 25th, 2013, 12:54
That is closest you can get-->NOT FSX Native

Aeroplane Heaven Seafire LIII

Roland183518361837

Bjoern
December 26th, 2013, 09:43
They are glorified port overs and of pretty bad quality at that...

*Punches monitor*

Dumonceau
December 26th, 2013, 10:57
*Punches monitor*

1. you forgot the "Im sorry but" part
2. Tell me if I'm wrong in any part of my statement
3. Your monitor is completely innocent.

I know what I said must have sounded harsh, but the truth sometimes is. Heck, I've seen it worded on this site with the use of adjectives that were even more harsh up to the downright impolite. I've even read comments on this site accusing Mr. Scrub of piracy. I resorted to none of those.

No use in punching monitors.

Dumonceau

JensOle
December 26th, 2013, 12:05
Looks very nice JensOle, now when you say not 100% does that mean it is still a WIP? Looking forward to it's release when ready.
Thank you and a Merry Christmas.

The model is still of the Spitfire, but painted as Seafire III and XV respectively. The hook is therefor not visible, but both cat and hook works as it should and it is possible to operate the aircraft with realistic catapult launches and trapping back on the ship. The external model is therefor not 100% representative of the seafire mark we duplicate, but at least we have a superb model which is FSX native. I prefer that over a madly looking port over model.

The AH model was nice for its time, but in my mind they have got the shape wrong of their entire Spitfire/Seafire collection (particular the rear of the aircraft and the tail fin). The shape and port over issues ruins it for me. I find the Realair spitfire to be the best solution for simulating a Seafire for me.

Bjoern
December 26th, 2013, 13:05
1. you forgot the "Im sorry but" part
2. Tell me if I'm wrong in any part of my statement
3. Your monitor is completely innocent.

I know what I said must have sounded harsh, but the truth sometimes is. Heck, I've seen it worded on this site with the use of adjectives that were even more harsh up to the downright impolite. I've even read comments on this site accusing Mr. Scrub of piracy. I resorted to none of those.

No use in punching monitors.

Every free addon made is a work of dedication, time and masochism, no matter how "good" or "bad" it is.
And even if Mr. Scrub violated a copyright in producing the portover Seafire, you've still insulted the original author's work.

SkippyBing
December 27th, 2013, 02:09
Every free addon made is a work of dedication, time and masochism, no matter how "good" or "bad" it is.
And even if Mr. Scrub violated a copyright in producing the portover Seafire, you've still insulted the original author's work.

Of course you're now saying we can only say nice things about freeware, even if it's not very good. In fact taken to it's logical conclusion if I released a cube painted in British Airways colours and said it was a 747 people shouldn't criticise it if it's free.

A criticism isn't an insult if it's true.

b52bob
December 27th, 2013, 06:13
Just to say hello before this is closed.

Bjoern
December 27th, 2013, 06:50
Of course you're now saying we can only say nice things about freeware, even if it's not very good. In fact taken to it's logical conclusion if I released a cube painted in British Airways colours and said it was a 747 people shouldn't criticise it if it's free.

It's not that you *have to* say *anything* about it...

A criticism isn't an insult if it's true.

Oh dear...

expat
December 27th, 2013, 08:21
. . a rare treat!!:jump: Been a few years since my very rare MP forays with my FS buddies, Mal, Mithrin, SkyPilot, Creepy, Gaitor and the rest of the old gang before it faded away. Happy to fly military or GA (nothing against commercial Tubes but not really suited for MP). USN or RN carrier ops would be cool.

expat

SkippyBing
December 27th, 2013, 10:06
It's not that you *have to* say *anything* about it...

Oh dear...

It's a bit tricky on a thread about Seafires not to discuss the quality of the available models, otherwise it's a bit pointless.

Dumonceau
December 27th, 2013, 11:05
It's a bit tricky on a thread about Seafires not to discuss the quality of the available models, otherwise it's a bit pointless.

SkippyBing, first of all, thank you for your reactions.

Secondly: I voiced an opinion about the models of Mr. Scrub that someone found offensive, even though I didn't insult anyone. I have tried Mr. Scrubs Seafire some time ago and was not happy with it. It is not native FSX and the modelling is, well below today's standards. If someone takes offense about that remark, well that is his problem. If someone doesn't mind flying CFS2-quality models in his sim, fine by me, but that is no reason to attack other people who demand a higher level of detail in a sim that permits it.

Bjoern, let's keep it at that, shall we? I have in no way attacked you, nor did I deserve or seek your attack.

This is after all a trivial thing: a ported over plane in a flightsim... The OP did ask for a NATIVE FSX Seafire. It's not there.

Dumonceau