PDA

View Full Version : MV 407 Released

MenendezDiego
December 24th, 2013, 06:59
Very excited to announce the release of the Milviz 407: http://milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=B407

Hope you all enjoy her. P3D version will be available after the holidays.

All the best, Diego

Roger
December 24th, 2013, 08:47
Thanks for the hu Diego, looking good!

airattackimages
December 24th, 2013, 13:34
I was hoping for a firefighting version with water tank.

skyhawka4m
December 24th, 2013, 17:34
payment sent but no links were attached or mailed

Lionheart
December 24th, 2013, 20:12
Goodness....!!!! Looking good! I must have!

skyhawka4m
December 24th, 2013, 22:53
Well....all I can say is......AWESOME! Love this as much as I thought I would. The 407 has always been a fav of mine. The sound file for this blows any helo sound I've ever heard....away. top notch attention to detail and from a painters stand point....love the bake! :wiggle::jump:

Cirrus N210MS
December 25th, 2013, 07:03
i am really enjoying this bell!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1512067_10202191400700091_236857865_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1501359_10202191416980498_1397128255_o.jpg

Naruto-kun
December 25th, 2013, 07:08
i am really enjoying this bell!

Love that first shot.

Thunderbolt
December 25th, 2013, 09:42
Awesome !

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Torbec/Torbec2/S_1677_zps62487649.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Torbec/Torbec2/S_1678_zps8a9b7c1c.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Torbec/Torbec2/S_1679_zps6ebb5720.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Torbec/Torbec2/S_1680_zpsad2cc820.jpg

tankerguy72
December 26th, 2013, 06:49
I was hoping for a firefighting version with water tank.

Would have been a definite sale if it had a tank or bucket.

fliger747
December 26th, 2013, 07:15
Of course TG probably said the same thing about the 737-200....

this is is an outstandingly fine flying chopper!

Cheers. Tom

griphos
December 26th, 2013, 09:55
Does anyone also have the Dodo and can compare? I love the Dodo. Pretty much made me abandon any other helo, but the graphics are getting pretty dated (never were a strong suit), and I don't fly it much anymore. This one tempts me. Does it model VRS? Translational lift?

Alpha Two Zero
December 26th, 2013, 10:44
Hi,Just a small question here, but has the pilot been modeled to the correct size? He seems a bit small compared to a real shot of the aircraft.http://s29.postimg.org/siirvpiwn/1801594.jpghttp://s15.postimg.org/qlsv0uxqz/S_1680_zpsad2cc820.jpg

adi518
December 26th, 2013, 13:13
Hmm... yea, looks like the proportions are a bit off.. or maybe it's the angle? Heard it's coming with 4 paints.. a bit handful, but I guess if the paint-kit is good, more paints will come later.. especially when Jeansy is the one who did them. Speaking of, that blue paint is really nice!

skyhawka4m
December 26th, 2013, 16:07
Not all humans are the same size.......just sayin

Hanimichal
December 26th, 2013, 16:32
Not all humans are the same size.......just sayin

Hi,Just a small question here, but has the pilot been modeled to the correct size? He seems a bit small compared to a real shot of the aircraft.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/12/26/emiYU.jpg

:)

kdfw
December 26th, 2013, 18:49
pilot definitely looks undersized. i recall their ch47d also had a tiny pilot.

kw's pilots here look about right. i've been on a b407 and it's not big side to side.

BrittMac
December 26th, 2013, 19:29
pilot definitely looks undersized. i recall their ch47d also had a tiny pilot.

kw's pilots here look about right. i've been on a b407 and it's not a big side to side.

Ha! I flew that very same -58D tonight, but with the doors off w/hellfire's because that is what I see most of around the stage fields.

The MV 407 looks really really nice. I agree that the pilot looks underscale, but, the rest of the bird looks very well modeled. I am going to have to give it a close look to see if I want to pick it up. Keep those screenshots coming please.

kdfw
December 26th, 2013, 21:18
agree, mv407 looks good and if the boss allows, i'd get it. and i know exactly which repaint i'll do.

just hope mv has a streak of being perfectionist like Dino with his jets, to address the pilot scaling and other issues. just a mdl issue, texture sheets can stay the same.

airattackimages
December 27th, 2013, 06:29

Cheers. Tom

I doubt it, because there are no 737 airtankers... There is however, a firefighting 407. And its made a name for itself here in California. Guess we don't get one in the sim world. Some of us prefer mission oriented aircraft to fly, because there are very few times I feel like sitting down for 30 minutes and pretending a flew a corporate executive to a nearby city for a power lunch... Thrilling as that may be...

flewpastu
December 27th, 2013, 06:36
Any Pics available, Ive looked at the Paint kit, it seems like it could be complicated to figure out But I would give it a try :jump:

Bill

MenendezDiego
December 27th, 2013, 14:03
I doubt it, because there are no 737 airtankers... There is however, a firefighting 407. And its made a name for itself here in California. Guess we don't get one in the sim world. Some of us prefer mission oriented aircraft to fly, because there are very few times I feel like sitting down for 30 minutes and pretending a flew a corporate executive to a nearby city for a power lunch... Thrilling as that may be...

One bird/version at a time. We've stated that if sales are good we'd consider an 'expansion pack' which would include different versions of the helo.

JIMJAM
December 27th, 2013, 14:35
First impressions after about 30 minutes are good but its putting a real hurting on my computer. One thing that always hurts my system is when the heli kicks up dust.That cloud sometimes halfs my fps and I get the stutters.Old I7,2.6,4 gigs ram,Vista 64, 2 gig Nvidia GTX660 ti.
FM is good and does not suffer from the dreaded floats when you dump the collective.Heli feels heavier and controls are much thicker than 206. Makes for a good trainer,sight seeing docile model.
Maybe a reboot and defrag is needed but she looks, flies good and one of the best soundsets Ive heard.I should know because I suffer from 30% loss in both ears from 15 years in 206s.
With the performance hit it handles like a wet blanket has been thrown over it and I dare not venture into Orbx land.
Very good effort and now we need a 500.

PS_ What realism slider settings are you guys using? Mine are all maxed to the right. I found the actual POH but nothing relating to FSX. Its kinda wonky handling.I also turned off A2A accu feel.Saitek X52 hotas,rudder,trackir.

Victory103
December 27th, 2013, 19:01
Does anyone also have the Dodo and can compare? I love the Dodo. Pretty much made me abandon any other helo, but the graphics are getting pretty dated (never were a strong suit), and I don't fly it much anymore. This one tempts me. Does it model VRS? Translational lift?

All your fun rotary related flight dynmamics should come when HTR is incorporated into the FDE.

griphos
December 28th, 2013, 05:35
Hmmm, haven't tried HTR. Concerned about the way it works as an external program adding another layer of connection and complication to FSX. Do you use it without issue? I'll look into it again.

but you're saying none of that realism is there without HTR?

Naruto-kun
December 28th, 2013, 06:13
Fred Naar is working with Milviz on making HTR "built in" so it wont be necessary to use his external version.

OleBoy
December 28th, 2013, 07:43
Helicopter Total Realism? How does it make it more realistic? As it stands now (for me) they are hard enough to fly at full slider realism. Although I am getting better at not crashing so much. How does HTR change the flight dynamics. Another thing comes to mind. If HTR is built in, I hope there is also the option to disable it to fly without it if the user desires.

I'll be testing the Bell 407 (amongst other aircraft) out while at a friends house party over New Years Eve. Once I sit in the chair, I'll likely not get me out of the seat for a while. Santa got him a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog that will also add to the experience.

griphos
December 28th, 2013, 11:12
Fred Naar is working with Milviz on making HTR "built in" so it wont be necessary to use his external version.

Well, that sounds quite promising. Where might I be able to follow progress or updates about that?

tankerguy72
December 28th, 2013, 13:06

Cheers. Tom

Yep, I did! Why didn't that darn 737 have a bambi bucket??? :biggrin-new:

airattackimages
December 28th, 2013, 13:30
Any Pics available, Ive looked at the Paint kit, it seems like it could be complicated to figure out But I would give it a try :jump:

Bill

Tonight when I'm able to get on my desktop I'll post some. :)

OleBoy
December 28th, 2013, 15:59
People really need to move on about sizes of pilots that are included with models. Did your wives do a line-up and package check comparison before they said "I do"

*sigh*

kdfw
December 28th, 2013, 16:24
People really need to move on about sizes of pilots that are included with models. Did your wives do a line-up and package check comparison before they said "I do"

*sigh*

if it detracts from the otherwise realistic model, then what's the harm pointing it out?

OleBoy
December 28th, 2013, 18:04
if it detracts from the otherwise realistic model, then what's the harm pointing it out?

Detracts from the package? uh boy. I fail to see any point basing a judgment on what people "should" look like.

I'll keep this bit of info in mind when modeling my pilots for my models. I'll be sure to to make them all dysfunctional misfits :dizzy:

JIMJAM
December 28th, 2013, 18:26
I am one of those wierdos who could care less about the external model.I never made a screenshot in my life.Now a sterile,brand spanking new shiny,glossy untouched cockpit we got problems.Cheesy window reflections and hearing birds chirping from the scenery over a turbine engine,yup I get ill.Pilot size not so much.But once you break the $40 barrier yeah I can see being picky.I see no problem at all of a customer bringing ANY issue they have up.Ask nicely and if the developer does not fix it then eventually another simmer will.Especially from these guys I have no doubt all issues will be looked at.Now the other heli developer.......Take what you get.

Naruto-kun
December 28th, 2013, 21:53
Well, that sounds quite promising. Where might I be able to follow progress or updates about that?

Milviz forums or milviz facebook or such....

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 29th, 2013, 04:42
Perhaps i might weigh in on the topic of the pilot, i am the guilty one , actually he was inspired from a picture seen on facebook , the party in question was on a recon mission and pictured in a cockpit with the Ray Bans grinning madly , in his early twenties, perhaps 5'8 and nearing 140 lbs when wet our muse for this figure isnt a football player, though he shall remain nameless, he is forever immortalized at the controls.

OleBoy
December 29th, 2013, 06:33
All the images and videos I've seen depict the scenario fine. My harp is only that people (including pilots) come in different sizes. Even if some require a booster seat and pedal extensions to get the job done. I like the look of the model package and I can't wait to get a hands on at the New Years gathering. So much so that my family is arriving early so I have ample time to, uhem, socialize (play. :mixed-smiley-010: )

Lionheart
December 29th, 2013, 09:05
As soon as I can afford it, I am picking it up. Beautiful model work.

kdfw
December 30th, 2013, 21:39
picked up the 407 tonight.

looks really promising, however, two issues:

1. hover attitude seems to be off. while hovering (gs=0kts, 0 wind), attitude is not slight nose up as it should be, the rotor disk tilts forward. i think this is a mdl issue, fixed by setting rotor mast vertical instead of using the skids (parallel to ground) as reference at rest.

hover attitude

cera's 222 and area51 oh58d had this problem, fixed by using htr profile.

2. adi in the vc doesn't follow the deck angle. the adi reads about 5deg nose up but in reality, the external model is showing something like 35deg. issue for both nose up and down.

lastly assigning a dx10 key for force trim is problematic if the hotas keys are all assigned to fsx key strokes. wish there is a way to assign key stroke for force trim...

crud, another thing, rxp gns530/430 are both dark at night. need light map for them. fsx default 'gps' has night lighting.

Naruto-kun
December 30th, 2013, 22:39
Problems should go to the support forums....