PDA

View Full Version : Airplane repo on Discovery

Meso
December 24th, 2013, 02:05
On the Discovery channel is a programme called airplane repo.

Do any one here watch that show? Its nice to see some guys playing cowboys, but why do they alwasy have to sneak in the airport and risk of being caught and arrested? They do have the correct papers so why not go via the front door and report themselves at the airport authoroties? Now they are as bad as the owner of the plane that didnt pay for it. Actually there is a pair of guys working together who look to me as they are not always following the law themselves...

Crusader
December 24th, 2013, 02:18
I use to like to watch it but the more episodes I watched the more sensationalized and scripted it appeared to me . I'm not a lawyer but you would think with the right type of legal documents you could just go in and get the AC as you stated . Maybe I'm missing something , I don't know .

Rich

Meso
December 24th, 2013, 05:51
indeed i had the same thought that it is scripted. Pitty that Discovery channel lowers itself to make these "real life" series. I miss the days when they broadcasted series like wings.

luckily there is youtube

Daveroo
December 24th, 2013, 07:07
all these so called reality shows are BS,i dont remember now if it was bare grills,or the other one,but to watch this one episode,he was in "Alaska" ,in a remote area that was inaccessible,he falls into a frozen stream ,and is in trouble,he has to dry himself and get warmth,also he needs food,he has to go back to the stream to catch fish...so exciting???..

NOT

it was filmed in the stream which goes into Donner Lake,in Truckee California.you can clearly see cabin roofs in the near background ,also there is a restaurant right there with blue walls..it shows in three shots..the production company attempted to close Donner park,the got a big NO..we wont close it for you,and in the background of one shot,you see about 10 people standing there watching...

CWOJackson
December 24th, 2013, 07:52
I watched a couple of episodes just to see the aircraft and boats.

The staged illegal entry into airports and hangers was too over the top for me.

Naismith
December 24th, 2013, 08:01
Discovery channel, that's a laugh.

Skyhawk_310R
December 24th, 2013, 14:21
We had this same thread a long time ago. The Reader's Digest consensus from those in the aviation profession is that the show is a fraud, devoid of reality.

Ken