PDA

View Full Version : Addon menu apps missing.

Navy Chief
December 23rd, 2013, 12:39
I installed some aircraft, and my ADDON Menu items all but disappeared. I have not uninstalled the apps, such as VLSO and ACCU-Feel. How do I edit, or make sure my .dll file is corrected???

Thanks. NC

anthony31
December 23rd, 2013, 21:39
Well, there is a certain aircraft, that some have claimed, wipes your dll.xml file which would make a mess of your addon menu items

Your dll.xml will have a header like this:

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
There will then be a number of <launch.addon> entries depending on what you had installed. For example, here is the one for FSUIPC

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

And here is an example of the PMDG 737 HUD:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Finally you have to close the file with this:
</launch.addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Knowing the exact name and path of the dll modules in your particular system will be the tricky bit. You may end up having to reinstall the necessary addons. If you provide a list of the missing addons though other forum members may be able to chip in with info on the <launch.addon> entries you need.</launch.addon>

PHo17
December 24th, 2013, 03:33
Well, there is a certain aircraft, that some have claimed, wipes your dll.xml file which would make a mess of your addon menu items
<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0"><launch.addon>...
</launch.addon></simbase.document>

What is that certain aircraft? It seems to be a good idea to make a backup of the xml-files too. Done. Thanks.

Pekka

Navy Chief
February 19th, 2016, 17:00
It has been a very long time since I had to deal with problems concerning the Addon Menu. A couple days ago, I finally decided to buy Instant Scenery 3 to use with P3DV2, and FSX-SE. Although it will work, supposedly, with FSX - Steam edition, I know it will entail modifying the dll.xml file correctly. IS3 installed ok into P3DV2, but I get the popup error on start up, which I have to click "OK", and then it loads.

Ah, there's where things get difficult for me. There are two things that have plagued me with difficulties throughout my years of messing with flight simulation: 1) AI aircraft - adding, making flight plans, etc...., and 2) problems with the dll.xml entries not being correct and causing addons to be missing from the drop down menu. I was also trying to get the Armament panel added for the Razbam Corsair series, and I know the dll.xml entries have to be added for that as well..... Fun and games!

I spent a few hours, trying to get things working properly, and took a break. It is most likely a easy process for some people, but I ain't one of them!:banghead:

Need to add that, prior to doing all of the above, I had installed SDK into my FSX-Steam - from my FSX Deluxe Edition & Acceleration discs. So I know that is installed.......

NC

DaveB
February 19th, 2016, 23:02
NC..

The Razbam Corsair killed my dll.xml a while back. The install routine added an extra launch.addon line at the end of it's entry. See Anthony's post.. the PMDG entry as an example. At the end of the entry, you see 1 Launch.Addon line. The Razbam installer puts 2 and kills the dll.

Have a look in yours to see if you have the same. If so, remove the last Launch.Addon entry leaving only one;)
ATB
DaveB:)