PDA

View Full Version : New to X-Plane

brettt777
December 23rd, 2013, 11:41
I finally decided that I should try X-plane. Before I invest in this simulator, can anyone tell me how it's better than other sims? Why should I use X-plane over FSX or DCS?

brettt777
December 26th, 2013, 08:35
Never mind, I tried the demo and hated it. The flight model seemed pretty good when I finally got airborne but the graphics looked 10-15 years old and I couldn't get the stupid thing to work with my Logitech G940. Definitely going back to FSX.

txnetcop
December 28th, 2013, 11:02
Brett without some of the scenery addons for X-Plane...FSX or P3D with Orbx rules. There is some very very nice NW USA and Alaska scenery at X-Plane.org
Ted

Barnes
May 1st, 2014, 00:48
Hi Folks

Having used Prepard3d for a while I felt it was time to buy xplane 10 and wont go back now. I think its Miles, or should I say 1000s of feet better now im adjusted to it!

txnetcop
May 1st, 2014, 17:01
Hi Folks

Having used Prepard3d for a while I felt it was time to buy xplane 10 and wont go back now. I think its Miles, or should I say 1000s of feet better now im adjusted to it!

I still use FSX more than X-Plane but I am very convinced that X-Plane is at least equal to FSX...still evaluating P3D 2.1! There some awesome aircraft and sceneries available for X-Plane 10 now. Especially Final Frontier.
Ted