PDA

View Full Version : Needing a repaint "redone" for the Virtavia Sea King!

Navy Chief
December 21st, 2013, 05:11
Years ago (I feel like saying, "long ago and far away!")....there was a repaint done for the Alphasim Sea King, which depicted the helo as the one used in the movie, "The Final Countdown".

I downloaded the repaint file, converted the files from BMP to DDS, but I was not successful. I guess the repaints for the Alphasim Sea King do not work for the Virtavia version.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone would be interested in doing that repaint? Thanks. NC

Here are a couple screenshots from the movie. Grainy looking, but you get the idea.

sketchy
December 21st, 2013, 07:10
Hi Navy Chief,

The old Alpha paints should line up perfectly with the Virtavia model, I did a number of paints for FS9 and then converted them to DDS's for FSX and P3D no problem.

If you have no luck I'll do the Final Countdown Helo for you, I need to do another Royal Navy Paint someone has requested and ironically I only watched The Final Countdown again the other day.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Sketchy

rdaniell
December 21st, 2013, 07:15
Did you remember to flip the texture file upside down before saving as a DDS?

RD

Navy Chief
December 21st, 2013, 07:31
Did you remember to flip the texture file upside down before saving as a DDS?

RD

I don't know anything about converting the files at all! I simply used a freeware program to convert them. Thanks for the tip though! NC

Navy Chief
December 21st, 2013, 07:32
Hi Navy Chief,

The old Alpha paints should line up perfectly with the Virtavia model, I did a number of paints for FS9 and then converted them to DDS's for FSX and P3D no problem.

If you have no luck I'll do the Final Countdown Helo for you, I need to do another Royal Navy Paint someone has requested and ironically I only watched The Final Countdown again the other day.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Sketchy

Sketchy, thank you for your offer. I will take you up on it, whenever you have time to do it:mixed-smiley-010: I much appreciate it! NC

Ian Warren
December 21st, 2013, 11:06
Years ago (I feel like saying, "long ago and far away!")....there was a repaint done for the Alphasim Sea King, which depicted the helo as the one used in the movie, "The Final Countdown".

I'd even go and buy the now Virtavia Seaking just for that movie , so much fun to watch, I myself have it on the self .... now i wonder what ever really happened to that senator :) REALLY