PDA

View Full Version : Parking Codes

WarHorse47
December 20th, 2013, 18:56
Can I ask someone to explain (in layman's terms) the correlation between the parking codes assigned to aircraft (for each [fltsim] entry in the aircraft.cfg) and an airport's scenery file (bgl, AFCAD)?

In that context do the stock FSX airports have codes for each of the parking zones and are they published somewhere?? And if I update that scenery with an addon, say an ACG or MAIW modified airport, they have their own parking codes that correlate with the AI aircraft for parking purposes (e.g., parking aircraft from the same squadron in the same area)??

What happens when an AI aircraft lands and has a dissimilar parking code for the airport?? Does it not park??

Ouch my head hurts just thinking of the questions. :mixed-smiley-010:

Thanks in advance.

Victory103
December 20th, 2013, 19:34
Warhorse47, the nice thing about FSX, it will actually read 4 codes. Since you mentioned MAIW, and 90% of my AI is from them, a typical AI F-18 entry will have the squadron (V122 for VFA-122), type (F18), then the general fighter code (M001), up to 4 digits. When designing your airports, make sure you have the obvious "MIL_Combat" parking types, then further add your codes. For example, all my transit parking at NAS Fallon is coded "F18", so visiting Hornets will park on the correct ramp. Your AI aircraft will look for the 1st code, then subsequent codes to find parking. The other main issue is how FSX reads parking spot size, many times you will have to adjust these as they are read differently than FS9.

From MAIW, the "Owl's Nest's" is a great reference for all your AI needs, both civie and mil. He has a nice program called AI Editor that does all your wingspan calculations, and allows you to make massive aircraft.cfg changes.

http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/index.php