PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 hour delay due to sandwich!

Skyhawk_310R
December 20th, 2013, 11:58
I swear that if it were not true, one would insist it is phony!

A pilot delayed the takeoff of his passenger jet by over two hours because he demanded they wait for a sandwich to be delivered to him!

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/12/20/flight-delayed-hours-for-pilot-sandwich-delivery/?intcmp=features

I hope the sandwich was worth it! Because I'm quite certain he's going to lose his job!

Ken

Sascha66
December 20th, 2013, 15:40
Insane! Must be a serious case of megalomania.

limjack
December 20th, 2013, 17:51
He must be related somehow to dagwood!

Jim

TARPSBird
December 20th, 2013, 22:23
Two and a half hours delayed and no management personnel intervened to tell him to get his a** in the air. Sad commentary on their concern for the passengers.

Sascha66
December 21st, 2013, 00:43
He must be related somehow to dagwood!

Jim

Lol! Or Jughead!

fallenphoenix1986
December 22nd, 2013, 03:32
I'm kinda on his side, the inflight menu included "only penuts, chip and cookies".
Lahore to NYC... anyone looked at a map recently?

Craig

KellyB
December 22nd, 2013, 05:35
I'm kinda on his side, the inflight menu included "only penuts, chip and cookies".

Craig

He only had nine hours to Manchester, where he could have called in an order for fish and chips to be delivered!

Peanuts and chips: Quite nourishing Cookies: Energy. What more does he need?

I wouldn't travel with this guy by any mode -- we'd have to stop at every 5-star hotel for a bite!

I wonder why it took 2-hours to make a sandwich. Not a place to go for a quick lunch, I guess.

Sascha66
December 22nd, 2013, 05:42

Craig

Very good point! He should have ordered 400 sandwiches!

Skyhawk_310R
December 22nd, 2013, 10:18
He could have eaten before the flight. Or, he could have ordered something from the airport. The delay was because he ordered the sandwich from the hotel he stayed at.

I do agree that it seems strange for no inflight meals to be served when crossing the ocean. But, perhaps that's how that airline does it.

Ken