PDA

View Full Version : Virtual LSO: Truly an awesome program!

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 05:15
This program has been out for a while, but somehow I missed reading about it. It is really cool! Endless thanks to the developer of it!:ernaehrung004: Navy Chief

Here is the site for information, and download:

http://vlso.blogspot.com/

Naismith
December 20th, 2013, 09:33
I don't understand the d/l system for this it doesn't seemed zipped and you have to d/l/ each individual file is that right?

VCN-1
December 20th, 2013, 09:40
Great program. The addon scenery is a real bonus.

VCN-1

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 10:00
I don't understand the d/l system for this it doesn't seemed zipped and you have to d/l/ each individual file is that right?

I believe there are different versions listed, and I downloaded the most recent....beta. seems to work fine!

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 10:03
There is the file for the VLSO software itself, plus, further down the page are files for the FCLP landing sites, I.e. NALF Fentress, VA and NOLF Coupeville, WA.

Naismith
December 20th, 2013, 10:48
Worked it out -bit slow today :-)

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 11:18
Worked it out -bit slow today :-)

It's getting to be that way for me almost every day, it seems now:dizzy:

TARPSBird
December 20th, 2013, 15:10
NC, on your recommendation I'm gonna try this out. Looks like fun.

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 15:13
NC, on your recommendation I'm gonna try this out. Looks like fun.

I really think you are gonna like it....REALLY! Pete

PRB
December 20th, 2013, 15:33
This is a fun add-on. But, I'm really getting tired of it telling me I suck at carrier approaches. It's starting to affect my precious self esteem! What does it want, perfect landings? I got down ok, caught the 4 wire, only slightly damaged the right main mount, and didn't send any yellow-shirts to sick bay. Well, if you don't count counseling for debilitating fear, but dang!

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 15:51
This is a fun add-on. But, I'm really getting tired of it telling me I suck at carrier approaches. It's starting to affect my precious self esteem! What does it want, perfect landings? I got down ok, caught the 4 wire, only slightly damaged the right main mount, and didn't send any yellow-shirts to sick bay. Well, if you don't count counseling for debilitating fear, but dang!

Well, you remember being told during CPO initiation that we would have to get used to getting our butt chewed, right? Well then, you should be used to it!!! Pete

strikehawk
December 20th, 2013, 16:14
Going to try this out should work okay for me except every time I go by a Chief's recommendation thing's tend to bite me and the a$$.

TARPSBird
December 20th, 2013, 16:48
As a white-hat I had my ass chewed on numerous occasions, and by professionals too. By the time I made Chief I had more callous back there than on Eric Clapton's chord fingers.

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 17:37
Going to try this out should work okay for me except every time I go by a Chief's recommendation thing's tend to bite me and the a$$.

Yes, but the cool thing about it all is you can just hit the Delete key, and make it disappear. No fuss, no foul! NC

TARPSBird
December 20th, 2013, 17:46
NC, unless I missed something on the VLSO web page the latest version is 07.1.1 with 07.1.2 still being a WIP and not available for d/l... right?

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2013, 17:54
NC, unless I missed something on the VLSO web page the latest version is 07.1.1 with 07.1.2 still being a WIP and not available for d/l... right?

Yes, that is correct. You can click on the 07.1.2...and then the page shows the progress and forthcoming changes I guess. But yes, 07.1.1 is the current latest available.

I am a newbie to all of this as well! Just passing on the tips! NC

TARPSBird
December 20th, 2013, 19:01
Thanks NC! :wavey:

StormILM
December 20th, 2013, 19:52
Using Dino's F-14D, 10 passes, 1 bolter, 1 waveoff, the rest of the 8 were 3 wire okay passes with minor deviations. The AoA indexer to me just isn't accurate to fly the glideslope and get an accurate 3-wire grab. I had a tendency to turn downwind too close abeam!(normal for me) LOL.

Paul Domingue
December 20th, 2013, 20:14
Thanks for the link. I had heard mention of this addon but forgot about it. I just downloaded it and looking forward to trying it out. I'm scared.

Navy Chief
February 21st, 2014, 08:10
A new version was released yesterday. One of the cool things added to it is the aircraft will roll back, after a successful trap! NC

other improvements:

A NATOPS option (to follow CQ/FCLP requirements)
Tracking pilot's currency
A new logbook file format
Export and import of logbook records in various formats (XML, CSV, LXF)
New LSO comments - TWA, TCA, LIG
New LSO grade - WOP
Colored CQ/FCLP logbook records
Color icons for different CASE approaches
New LSO voice calls

http://vlso.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/vlso-0800-is-ready.html

Daveroo
February 21st, 2014, 10:13
can i get some help?....im trying to add the VS F8F to vLSO,but i have no clue about what to put for the angle of attack..and in the distance abeam,do i have to guess at these? are they in the aircrafts .CFG?

i want to add the SOH S2 as well.C1A actually...fly from "my home base" to a carrier off SF..

also..how do i add the arrestor cables...i have abacus flight deck 5..but someone told me about a program ( or something) to add the cbles ect to the stock FSX AI Carriers...any clues?..

mjrhealth
February 21st, 2014, 10:42
If you have acceleration you dont need to worry about arrestor cables, its basically SP2 with extras