PDA

View Full Version : Customizing the CS C-130 and flap positions...

DaveKDEN
December 17th, 2013, 18:26
Enjoying the CS C-130 so far with some minor exceptions - one of which is the flap position settings. The real Herk can set flaps anywhere from 0 through 100% (through a very clever follow-up cam mechanism). Typically, the non-flying pilot will set flaps in 10% increments based on the call-out request from the flying pilot. Typical flap settings are 50% for T/O, and 50% or 100% for landing (though 0% flap landings are practiced in case of flap malfunction). Off-increment flap settings are used for CDS airdrops (dependent on weight and number of bundles to be dropped - if I recall correctly). I understand the limitations of FSX won't allow for universal flap settings. However, the CS Herk has 10 fixed settings (from 0% through 100%), but it should actually have 11 fixed settings, as counting 0% with a 10% increment through 100% would equate to 11 fixed settings. I tried modifying the flap section in the aircraft.cfg, but it's still limiting the increments to 10 fixed settings.

So I'm wondering if that's another FSX limitation, or is it something built into the CS Herk in the .air file or maybe the model itself? So, that was a long way of asking if there's a way to modify it so it will have 11 increments?

Motormouse
December 18th, 2013, 00:55
Probably in both the model animations and associated gauge file if FSX has same limitations for flaps as Fs9

ttfn

Pete

SkippyBing
December 18th, 2013, 03:20
I'm fairly sure FSX only allows for 10 flap settings, certainly when I tried creating 30 odd to allow for all the possible combinations on the Buccaneer I could never get more than 10 to work. In the end I had to use SimConnect to force things.

DaveKDEN
December 18th, 2013, 05:43
That's what I figured - thanks.