PDA

View Full Version : David Eckerts steerman...

Daveroo
December 16th, 2013, 14:40
hi,i would like to ask you wonderfull fellas and girls if someone could paint the following for me...one is the plane Pres Busch and Bud Anderson flew (Bud tells me it is the actual plane.)the blue one belongs to wild bill tattoo guy from roseville california,he is one tv often with his many custom cars.he owns two of the Boyd Coddington cars,but i cant recall which ones.the blue plane has writen on it,"eagle Field ,Dos Palace cal"...thats the town my mom was born in..so id really like that paint..its a PT-17 but it could roll over couldnt it?...

Daveroo
December 16th, 2013, 14:43
one of Bills cars..BTW the PT-17 is owned by Bills wife actually.and i added a pic of the molt taylor areocar.plus i just love the red waco...awesome that.

Javis
December 16th, 2013, 15:23
The Bud Anderson plane is not a Stearman, Dave. It's a NAF N3N aka 'Yellow Peril'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Aircraft_Factory_N3N

I was working on the MAAM's N3N when suddenly the batteries ran dry...

Does look like the Stearman but you can distinguish it by it's rather 'feeble' undercarriage compared to that of the Stearman. Has a big float underneath the fuselage too.

Cheers,
Jan

OleBoy
December 16th, 2013, 16:15

Cheers,
Jan

Always curious. Your's, or theirs?
It would be such a treat to see it's release.

Rudyjo
December 16th, 2013, 16:29
On the subject of David Eckerts Stearman, did anyone ever come up with an update that fixed the missing windshield?

I enjoyed this plane when I had FS2004, when the FSX version came out, it had the windshield problem and I deleted it.

Daveroo
December 16th, 2013, 18:46
The Bud Anderson plane is not a Stearman, Dave. It's a NAF N3N aka 'Yellow Peril'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Aircraft_Factory_N3N

Does look like the Stearman but you can distinguish it by it's rather 'feeble' undercarriage compared to that of the Stearman. Has a big float underneath the fuselage too.

Cheers,
Jan

ill be hornsnoggled,ive never noticed the landing gear thing,and i once had a argument with a guy about the "stearman vs N3N..id have sworn they were the same plane....boy i can fell my face burning now....:frown-new:

trucker17
December 16th, 2013, 19:49

Cheers,
Jan

Thanks for the work you did with M.A.A.M sin Jan.....Still sad to see them no longer creating planes......Was really hoping for a default FSX Black widow.....
You have anything your currently working on, or working with anyone at the moment......?
Me and Amanda are still knocking around in the B25.....Still a neat bird to fly.....

dhasdell
December 16th, 2013, 21:23
There's a thread about the windscreen and whether or not there is a fix here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?59504-Front-Cockpit-windshield-Frame-in-the-Boeing-Stearman-PT-17). Apparently there is one, but never widely shared.

The N3N's moment of glory comes when chasing Cary Grant in "North by Northwest", though it's a Stearman after it hits the fuel tanker, or so I have read.

Javis
December 17th, 2013, 07:52
Always curious. Your's, or theirs?
It would be such a treat to see it's release.

Not highly unthinkable that i'll finish the model some day, oleboy. Maam-Sim has closed shop though, Bill has more than enough to do being MAAM webmaster. If the model will be released it'll be either freeware or donationware. Please do not hold your breath, though. :)

ill be hornsnoggled,ive never noticed the landing gear thing,and i once had a argument with a guy about the "stearman vs N3N..id have sworn they were the same plane....boy i can fell my face burning now....

Don't feel hornsnoggled, Dave. The Stearman is very well known and very popular where the N3N is not. I had never heard of it before i got to work with the MAAM...

Thanks for the work you did with M.A.A.M sin Jan.....Still sad to see them no longer creating planes......Was really hoping for a default FSX Black widow.....

Thanks, Trucker. It was the plan to only get to work on the P-61 sim after it having received its airworthiness certificate so we could copy its flight characteristics as close as possible. While the restoration is progressing nicely it will still take quite some time for that to happen.

You have anything your currently working on, or working with anyone at the moment......?

Well, to be honest, i do indeed but don't tell anybody.. :cool:

Me and Amanda are still knocking around in the B25.....Still a neat bird to fly.....

Thanks! It was tremendous fun putting it together for FS9.

Cheers,
Jan