PDA

View Full Version : New version of Denmark Scenery

kimdahl
January 18th, 2009, 08:32
Hi guys

I would like to inform you that we have just released a new version of Denmark Scenery, available at AVSIM. There are versions for both FS9 and FSX!

Among the new features is the little airstrip at Avedoere, with propably one of the most curved runways in FS:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/DKScen09_01-1.jpg

We have also built a new set of generic buildings covering a large part of Copenhagen center, and of course OUR versions of the well known landmarks are better than the Microsoft default models in FSX:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/DKScen09_02.jpg

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/DKScen09_03.jpg

A large part of the city of Aalborg plus the airport (EKYT) is also covered:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/DKScen09_12.jpg

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/DKScen09_15.jpg

We have also included a numbers of other airports and airfields around the country, as well as some nice bridges. Just 2 examples:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/DKScen09_08.jpg

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/DKScen09_18-1.jpg

BTW, the scenery includes dynamic smoke effects for a number of power plants in the Copenhagen area. The smoke reacts rather visibly to the wind, both direction and force, and there is more smoke in the winter than in the summer.

Oh, I almost forgot: we also have seasonal textures for vegetation at a number of airports in FSX. It just requires a single mouse click to shift between the different seasons!

I hope you will give it a try :-)

Regards
Kim Dahl

flewpastu
January 18th, 2009, 08:36
Kim, I downloaded the scenery and it looks great, is there a need to download the mesh that is talked about in the 1st zip file for FSX.

Bill

jimjones
January 18th, 2009, 09:14
I'm a great fan of your previous version. Looking forward to installing the newest. A big thank you.

bkeske
January 18th, 2009, 09:59
Fantastic. I had the FS9 version, and sure am happy to see this for FSX.

Now....if those good folks who created the Norway airport sceneries would do the same for FSX, I believe I would :faint:

mike678
January 18th, 2009, 10:39
This looks wonderful.

One question: I assume that the "photo" and non-photo versions differ mainly in building placement. If I'm using UTX Europe, but none of the mentioned photo sceneries, should i download the photo or non-photo version?

Thanks!

kimdahl
January 18th, 2009, 12:21
Hi

I am glad that you like our scenery!

About the mesh: it is included in both the FS9 and FSX versions.

The difference between the photo- and non-photo versions are mainly in a number of ground polygons (made with FSX KML) that are not needed in the photo versions. The positions of buildings should be the same in both versions.

I hope this answers your questions :-)

Regards
Kim

MCDesigns
January 18th, 2009, 13:29
Outstanding !!:ernae:

Panther_99FS
January 18th, 2009, 19:51
:applause::applause::applause:

Epsillon
January 18th, 2009, 20:24
It looks fantastic! :applause::applause::applause:

jimjones
January 20th, 2009, 08:39
Version 1.2 expands on the previous version. It contains about 80 percent more files and requires 36 percent more file space at about 395 Mb. Again I feel this is one of the finest sceneries available for FSX and it is free.

I must admit that in the past I stayed in and around Copenhagen for most of my viewing. But Denmark is a much larger place and there is much to see beyond Copenhagen. Castles, windmills, bridges, airfields. The scenery includes a file named content.html showing the coordinates of most of the places of interest. In addition it includes some historic info on when places were built and who funded projects. A very interesting document for those that want to know more about Denmark.

After flying around Copenhagen I used the content.html document to locate some 22+ bridges as a start to view most of what is available in this scenery. I missed a great deal just flying around. One happy surprise was the Flyvestation Vaerlose Air Base, a very detailed base. A couple of pics are shown below. Somehow I also missed the Little Mermaid, a
well known sculpture that was located for me in the documentation. If all these buildings, bridges, history, airbases, castles, windmills, lighthouses etc don't turn you on, you might wish to visit Lokken Beach.:gossip: Pictures not allowed.

kimdahl
January 20th, 2009, 09:57
Hi Jim

I am very glad that you like Vaerlose Air Base, which is my most detailed contribution to the package. And I can promise that it will be even better in the next version, with more buildings and a more detailed terrain.

BTW, I forgot to mention earlier that you must set the addon scenery slider at "Extremely dense" in order to see all the details on a number of buildings. I can see from your pictures that you have got it right :)

This is the price I have had to pay in order to be allowed to make such detailed models...

Regards
Kim

JT8D-9A
January 20th, 2009, 13:15
Thanks for this awesome work! I'm using it with City of Aarhus 1.1, EKRK, EKKL and UTXE - is there anything i should consider? Really awesome work... and not only from the air :applause:

CG_1976
January 20th, 2009, 13:29
Now I like the Train in the scenery. Now only if we can get Train Ai in FSX. That would be excellent.

Bjoern
January 21st, 2009, 08:13
Now I like the Train in the scenery. Now only if we can get Train Ai in FSX. That would be excellent.

The designers of the Erfurt airport for FS9 included an AI tram in their scenery.

It's all just a matter of AFCADs and flight pla-...err...schedules.

Excellent work, Kim and team!

I just wish someone would invest this much time in bringing Germany a bit more to life...

911dan
January 25th, 2009, 18:03
Denmark is my favorite country in Europe now. Thanks for this fantastic scenery!! :ernae:

Bjoern
January 26th, 2009, 02:42
Denmark is my favorite country in Europe now.

...says a Porsche driver. :costumes:

JensOle
January 27th, 2009, 14:13
Superb work!

kimdahl
January 28th, 2009, 00:33
Hi all

Thank you for all the nice comments :wave:

I can inform you that we are working on a small (1,5 MB) servicepack for the scenery. We have received a number of reports about CTD at EKSB Soenderborg in FS9, and some problems with lighting at other airports in FS9.

Most of these problems are caused by the fact that a few files have been made with FSX techniques, but have been included in the FS9 versions by accident. The servicepack readme file contains informations about which files to remove, and provides correct file versions for FS9.

Furthermore we have made some small "cosmethic" updates to a pair of Afcad/AFX files,and we have updated our windmill models, so they no longer move in a totally synchronized way :)

I hope the servicepack will available at Avsim in a few days!

Regards
Kim

Bjoern
January 28th, 2009, 03:31
By the way, Kim...is there any freeware Kastrup scenery for FSX?

Or are you working on one (maybe as an addition)?

kimdahl
January 28th, 2009, 03:50
I haven't heard of any existing freeware versions of EKCH Kastrup for FSX, but one of our team members is working on a Kastrup scenery which will probably be released as payware later this year. I am taking part in the beta testing, and it looks good so far. But there is still lots of work to be done before it is ready for release. (And don't ask me what the price will eventually be, I simply don't know...)

Regards
Kim

Bjoern
January 28th, 2009, 08:09
Hm, payware... :/

Ah well, thanks for the information nonetheless.

kimdahl
February 3rd, 2009, 14:21
Hi guys

I have just uploaded 2 small servicepack for FS9 and FSX at Avsim.com. They should be available soon :)

Regards
Kim