PDA

View Full Version : Help from Carenado C90 owners . . .

Killbilly
December 14th, 2013, 18:04
With the sale going on, I was thinking of purchasing Carenado's C90. I have read rumors, however, that it's a bit of a framerate hog, and I'd like to hear it from you folks. I have the C340, the 337, and the Caravan which look to have similar levels of detail and instrumentation. None of those give me any real FPS trouble, so my questions are:

1. Is there a significant impact on FPS from the C90 as compared to Carenado's other "HD" offerings?
2. If so, does the LITE option help?
3. Is there a noticeable impact on the visuals or functionality of the plane if the LITE version is used?

Many thanks in advance!

Brian_Gladden
December 14th, 2013, 18:43
I haven't seen much difference between either the lite or regular C-90. Runs okay on my system. about the same as the 340 and the 337 seems a bit smoother. I'm running it in P3d but it worked fine in FSX sp2 on my rig. But on the flip side, the Milviz Cessna 310 had trouble on my system in FSX but runs fine in P3D so your mileage may vary.

Got the C-90 because the Charter place I worked at a while back had four of the things. I can tell you the Carenado model is spot on. This is from someone who has waxed the entire surface of a C-90 many times :-)

Killbilly
December 15th, 2013, 10:20
Thanks for the info. I think I'll pick it up (a compliment from someone with hands-on experience with the real bird is a plus). Cheers!