PDA

View Full Version : My models, Attention Deficit Disorder, and my models

OleBoy
December 11th, 2013, 11:45
I figured it's time I fess up, as-to why my models have not reached release. You could say I've been avoiding having to admit it. But, the symptom is A.D.D. Attention Deficit Disorder for easier terms.
I was diagnosed with this in my pre-teen years. I've the inability to input information and apply it. In other words, tell me now, and I will forget very soon after how to do something unless I taught "hands-on" and go through the motions while achieving the needed results. As a young child I was told I had a very creative mind, and that I was capable of picking up on things like most kids could not, that once I got a grasp on the task, creativity took over. Well, I am 51 years old now. Here I am many years later in life. The symptoms are still evident. More-so than not. My ability to learn (unless taught) has gotten worse as I grow older. I can read something ten times while trying to absorb that information and understand. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. For a more in-depth explanation, search Google.

This has a lot to do with why my models have not reached a stage of completion.
So, if they do never get completed, now you know why.

I do know this. I can sure make a nice looking model.

Have a safe and happy holiday season.

paiken
December 11th, 2013, 12:11
Nice work there...don't worry too much about completing the model to someone else's expectations (unless you're working as part of a team project). In the end you are the one that has to be satisfied with the results. I've been working on creating an airport for the last several months. Rebuilding models here, tweaking textures there, becoming distracted by something else. Eventually I'll reach the point where I'm OK with what I've done. If I think it's good enough I'll upload it and accept whatever praise or constructive criticism comes along. I'm doing this for enjoyment and as an outlet for real life stresses. It's what relaxes me. Fortunately most people here understand that aspect of the hobby and gratefully accept whatever comes along. I, for one, am currently having a blast with Manfred J's C 47 hauling freight in AirHauler.(RK Maroon is my pilots name, the other members of my staff are all cartoon characters). Eventually I'll get back to the east side of SDL and finish the textures for the Scottsdale Air Center.

OleBoy
December 11th, 2013, 12:28
I've always wanted to be part of a group that worked together to create a virtual simulation. The problem is that this forum is so small in relation to the many interested in virtual flight, that I have not had the opportunity. No modeler knows it all. If they do, it's a full time job. I've yet to meet any with this background.

Bjoern
December 12th, 2013, 07:10
A semi-official project graveyard might not be the worst idea. I'd throw in a few projects of mine for good measure.

I love FlightGear in that regard. You just publish what you have and get back to it a few years later. Or someone else does. Creates a great sense of collaboration.