PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while

AussieMan
December 11th, 2013, 00:07
It has been some time since we have had an update from Bomber_12th regarding the P-39 Aircobra. Can only assume that work is progressing well.

roger-wilco-66
December 11th, 2013, 02:02
+1
Thanks for bringing this up, the previews looked extremely promising (wouldn't expect anything else from John)!

Cheers,
Mark

Daveroo
December 11th, 2013, 07:54
one of the times my folks and i had lunch with Col Anderson,i was asking him about his time in the P-39s,( i think they are much cooler than P-51s)we were talking about how the P-39 was said to "tumble" ,and about how it was said to be dangerous,and my dad pipes up and says,"i wouldnt want to fly one of those,i dont think i could handle that spinning driveline between my legs like that"...Bud just looked at him for a second,then turned his head back to and continued telling me how much he liked it...lol..

mind you,this from the man whos been telling people including helicopter pilots,"when we were in Hawaii,we took a ride in a tourist helo,and the pilot wouldnt take off because my wife was holding on to the drive shaft so tight it wouldnt turn,well you know how it comes up through the floor to the roof and on to the rotors...well she had a death grip on it and it couldnt turn..."

i said to my dad one time,,uh dad?..the engine is on the roof,theres no open drive shaft,,,his response?..."dont argue with me,i was there,you werent"........arrgggg

:mushroom: