PDA

View Full Version : Ant's T-28B & C Released

mgchrist5
December 10th, 2013, 04:28
Existing owners of the T-28D also get a free updated v2.0 version. Good stuff!

http://www.antsairplanes.com/trojan.html

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2013, 04:56

Maybe I missed reading it on the site you linked to, but where does it mention that? thanks, NC

UPDATE: Nevermind, I read where it states that! THANKS!

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2013, 05:44
Am wondering if the guns, rockets, bombs, etc.. will work in P3DV2? NC

WarHorse47
December 10th, 2013, 05:48
Where is the patch for the 28D?? Or do I have to re-download the latest installer??

I searched Ant's site and saw no specific directions. So far only SimMarket has the B/C models posted.

big-mike
December 10th, 2013, 06:09
Where is the patch for the 28D?? Or do I have to re-download the latest installer??

I searched Ant's site and saw no specific directions. So far only SimMarket has the B/C models posted.

+1

i don`t understand it.
Mike

mgchrist5
December 10th, 2013, 06:18

I bought my 28D from Simmarket back in May. I got an email yesterday informing me that v2.0 of the 28D was available for download. If you bought from Simmarket, you just need to login to your account, go to 'orders history', and click on the purchase history for the Trojan. The most recent download version should already be there. It was for me, at least. It showed up as filename: AntsT28DV200.exe. It's 160.35mb in size.

If you bought from other vendors, I'm not sure what the upgrade process entails.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

big-mike
December 10th, 2013, 06:26
Bought it from the FlightSimStore---there is no updated file available.
Mike

WarHorse47
December 10th, 2013, 06:27
Thanks, Mark and Mike.

I purchased mine at the Flightsim Store as well. You're right, Mike, no updated file yet.

italoc
December 10th, 2013, 06:34
Bought it from the FlightSimStore---there is no updated file available.
Mike

Same for me !!!

Italo

Rudyjo
December 10th, 2013, 07:18
It would be nice if you could simply download the 28D upgrade from Ant's website.

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2013, 07:20
I would imagine that the developers would make a patch available on their site soon? NC

Maury2008
December 10th, 2013, 07:33
Lionheart Avelina update not available in FlightSim Store
Ants Troian Update not available in FlightSim Store
Better to shop at another site

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2013, 08:06
Lionheart Avelina update not available in FlightSim Store
Ants Troian Update not available in FlightSim Store
Better to shop at another site

Well, for folks like myself who bought the first release, I have to wait until the site I bought it from - has an updated file.....NC

thunder100
December 10th, 2013, 08:57
if you reload from justflight you get V2 now

Roland

Bobr2
December 10th, 2013, 09:04

I went to FS Pilot Shop to get the installer though I do not see where to down load the installer I need to upgrade the T-28D. All it will do is down load the original file Ant-115, so can anyone help me on this matter please. Thanks

noddy
December 10th, 2013, 12:05
Yep same boat here with Flightsimstore.

anthony31
December 10th, 2013, 13:08
I have sent emails to all vendors yesterday about the T-28B&C and D version 2.

So far I have heard back from simmarket who have updated their files and fspilotshop who have informed me that the update will be active tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, I have heard nothing back from Just Flight, Flightsimstore or PC Aviator yet. We can only be patient (unless someone wants to open some support tickets and start urging the vendors to get a wriggle on :) ).

It would indeed be easier to have Version 2 of the D available on my website but it would also be incredibly easy for pirates to exploit that. For that reason existing T-28D customers will need to download the new installer package from their account with the retailer they bought the T-28D from.

Regarding Bobr2 about FS pilot shop. For some reason FS pilot shop always keep the same name of the installer packages regardless of the version which makes it difficult to know which version is which. But, as they haven't added the B&C yet they probably haven't updated the D yet. For reference the installer for D version 1.1 was 112MB while the installer for D version 2.0 is 164MB.

PRB
December 10th, 2013, 14:45
She's a beauty. Thanks Anthony!

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2013, 15:31
I tried to get on PC Aviator, as I had bought it from them. The password I thought would work - did not. So I went through the process of resetting the password. Chose one, and got a msg on the screen that it was accepted. No problem so far. But then I tried to sign in with the new password. They have one of those &#*(#$^ing character windows, where you have to type what is shown. Again, no problem, EXCEPT that even though I type the characters....all numbers....it will NOT let me into my account. So darn frustrating. GRRRRRRRRRR... NC

airattackimages
December 10th, 2013, 16:27
I was waiting for that tailhook... This will definitely be my next purchase!

Sieggie
December 11th, 2013, 04:39
FS Pilotshop now has the updated D. The filename is the same as the old one but V2 is inside the zip.

Dave

WarHorse47
December 11th, 2013, 06:08
I've learned not to get too discouraged in dealing with resellers. Often times they take up to 2-3 days or longer to update their web site and available products. I don't know why, but can only assume that despite the glitzy web sites many resellers are very, very small operations (and may not work a normal work day).

Since I live on a restricted income and budget, I tend to shop around for the best price on my FSX addons which results in purchases from many different resellers. I haven't purchased anything from SimMarket for quite some time as their prices are higher than most, and my credit card company now charges a Foreign Transaction Fee on top of the purchase.

Right now I'm still waiting for the Flightsim Store to update and add Ant's latest. I just sent them a Support Inquiry to jog their memory that they have customers waiting in the wings. We'll see what happens.

Martyn
December 11th, 2013, 07:19
If you purchased it from Just Flight then please note that the installer was updated to V2 yesterday morning. FAQ is here - http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/ants-airplanes-trojan-t28d

Martyn

Navy Chief
December 11th, 2013, 07:34
I just got off the phone with Mark at PC Aviator. My account access problems have been solved. In addition, he informed me that the updated Ants T-28 file was received last night. The updated download will be available by tomorrow morning (or possibly this evening, late).

Looking forward to this!! GO NAVY!
NC

WarHorse47
December 11th, 2013, 07:48
I still have not found the B&C model for sale anywhere, other than Simmarket.

Fireball6
December 11th, 2013, 11:41
I still have not found the B&C model for sale anywhere, other than Simmarket.

Just saw it at Flightsim Pilot Shop - you can buy it there now

anthony31
December 11th, 2013, 12:47
Current status with retailers is this:

Simmarket have D V2 and the B/C:
http://secure.simmarket.com/ants-airplanes-trojan-t28bc.phtml

FSPilotShop have D V2 and the B/C:
http://www.fspilotshop.com/ants-airplanes-north-american-t28bc-p-4773.html

PC Aviator USA have D V2 and the B/C:
http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=20009&cat=0&page=1

JustFlight have D V2 and are currently working on the B/C:

I have heard nothing from Flightsimstore nor PC Aviator Australia so unfortunately I don't know when they will update their files.

modelr
December 12th, 2013, 03:58
Downloading the V2 update and the B/C model from FSPilotshop now.

Thanks Anthony:love-struck:

Navy Chief
December 12th, 2013, 04:07
Downloading the V2 update and the B/C model from FSPilotshop now.

Thanks Anthony:love-struck:

I can't download the file right now, but when I do, it will be from the PCAviator website. I looked at the site this morning, on my account downloads. If I download the T28D Version 2.0, does it INCLUDE the B/C model?

Thanks, NC

T6flyer
December 12th, 2013, 04:10
I can't remember where I bought mine from now? Deleted all my old emails, so will have to look through all my accounts! :)

Edit: Was PC Aviator Australia but still shows the file to be 'AntsT28DV110'.

Martin

ryanbatc
December 12th, 2013, 04:13
I sent a message to JK at the FSS. They weren't aware of it but trying to get in touch now.

Sieggie
December 12th, 2013, 05:19
I can't download the file right now, but when I do, it will be from the PCAviator website. I looked at the site this morning, on my account downloads. If I download the T28D Version 2.0, does it INCLUDE the B/C model?

Thanks, NC

The D and the B&C are two separate purchases. If you already have the D, you can update it to the V2 for free but you will have to buy the B&C as a new product regardless of ownership of the D.

Dave

WarHorse47
December 12th, 2013, 05:54
I sent a message to JK at the FSS. They weren't aware of it but trying to get in touch now.The Flightsim Store?? I sent them a message two days ago about the release, and they never responded. I'm still waiting to update my D model.

Santa is gonna hear about this... :bull_head:

big-mike
December 12th, 2013, 06:06
Just checked my account at FSS,nothing new----------grrrrrrrrrr!:icon36:
Mike

WarHorse47
December 12th, 2013, 06:09
Just checked my account at FSS,nothing new----------grrrrrrrrrr!:icon36:
MikeAlthough we may be frustrated by the lack of updated D model, I surmise that they are losing some profits as others go elsewhere to purchase the B&C models. Just sayin' :apathy:

Navy Chief
December 12th, 2013, 07:01
The D and the B&C are two separate purchases. If you already have the D, you can update it to the V2 for free but you will have to buy the B&C as a new product regardless of ownership of the D.

Dave

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood! Just went to PC Aviator and bought the B/C model. I really wanted the tail hook capability! NC

Rudyjo
December 12th, 2013, 07:48
Still nothing at FlightsimStore.

TuFun
December 12th, 2013, 08:20
Got the D update yesterday at PC Aviator USA. Just download it again will give you v.2.

Roger
December 12th, 2013, 09:24
Still nothing at FlightsimStore.

I just e-mailed them and I'll report back when I get a response.

jojohnson9
December 12th, 2013, 09:38
Although we may be frustrated by the lack of updated D model, I surmise that they are losing some profits as others go elsewhere to purchase the B&C models. Just sayin' :apathy:

Oh, so true. I have to wait to update my D model. But I went to PC Aviator for the new B & C.

VCN-1
December 12th, 2013, 09:47
Oh, so true. I have to wait to update my D model. But I went to PC Aviator for the new B & C.

I did the same thing. Plus the 10% discount wasn't bad either.

VCN-1

Dimus
December 12th, 2013, 10:39
May I ask how one gets the 10% discount? I bought my "D" at FS Pilotshop but trying to get the B/C, there is no option for "D" owners.

I did download the updated "D". Thanks Ant!

VCN-1
December 12th, 2013, 10:41
At PC Aviator the B/C was offered with an automatic 10% discount.

VCN-1

Dimus
December 12th, 2013, 11:16
Thanks VCN-1! You're right! I went there and got it. Downloading now.

rdaniell
December 12th, 2013, 11:46
Thanks VCN-1! You're right! I went there and got it. Downloading now.

Another example of comparision shopping for the best value. Way to go my friend :victorious:. I was one of the beta testers for these airplanes and may I strongly suggest that all users thoroughly read the manuals :02.47-tranquillity:.

RD

noddy
December 12th, 2013, 12:01
Well if FSS are not going to update the install I may have to purchase elsewhere.

anthony31
December 12th, 2013, 13:36
Update on the retailers situation.

PC Aviator USA, Just Flight, Simmarket and FS Pilot Shop all have the T-28B/C available and the update for the T-28D to version 2.

There was a bit of a SNAFU with the user codes with PC Aviator USA but that should be sorted by now.

I've sent a support ticket reminding Flightsimstore about the T-28B/C last night and haven't heard anything back from them.

And I've heard nothing from PC Aviator Australia either.

If I haven't heard anything from Flightsimstore by tomorrow I will look at creating an updater for the T-28D and putting that on my website so that people who bought the original T-28D from FSS or PC Aviator Australia can at least update their copies to version 2 (the updater will require a valid copy of the T-28D be already installed and the original user code for the T-28D).

mikew
December 12th, 2013, 14:02
Thanks Ant! Great service. I just purchased the B/C from PC Aviator US with no issues. Looking forward to updating the D model. Shame that FSS isn't updating their inventory. The D model is not the only purchase I've made via FSS that I've not been able to update.

Mike

racartron
December 12th, 2013, 15:15
FSS has finally updated the "D" model(where I got the original). It's showing at 160.35mb. Don't know about the "B" & "C" versions as I bought them from Just Flight.

edit: Oops!! Spoke too soon. The 160mb is showing for a new version but the download area still has ver 1.10 in the bin.

Rudyjo
December 12th, 2013, 16:27
I just checked the FSS website where I bought the T28D. It does show the new version can be bought.
I checked my account for the update and while it shows the 1.10 version as racartron mentioned, I downloaded it anyway to see what happened. It still downloads the old version.
Lucky I still have 97 downloads left.

Maybe they will get it straightened out by the weekend.

WarHorse47
December 12th, 2013, 20:07
Well, I'm having the same bad experience with FSS as everyone else.

They are now selling the B/C model and the updated D model, but for those of us who purchased version 1.10 of the D model there is no update.

I can also attest that they have no responded to my e-mail. I have just sent another one, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry about the problems, Anthony. I just love the Trojan, but any update or future purchase will just have to wait.

anthony31
December 12th, 2013, 21:05
Oh what fun being a developer is.

Thanks so much to everyone for being so patient. It is wonderful that not one person has sent me a rude email throughout this whole ordeal.

I will get onto making that patch for the D model and upload it in a few hours time to my website.

Hopefully, FSS will read the support tickets and fix things up with the correct link to V2 for existing T-28D customers.

As mentioned before the old T-28D version 1 and 1.1 were around 112MB in size while version 2 is around 165MB (which seems to be the most reliable way to tell the difference between versions, even though I number versions some retailers change the filenames).

It seems that the D Version 2 and B/C are available at fss now but there seems to be a problem for those who already bought the T-28D and they can't download the new V2.

Still no word from PC Aviator Australia.

anthony31
December 12th, 2013, 23:26
Patch for T-28D version 1.0 and 1.1 to upgrade to version 2.0 is now available from my website:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28DV200patch.zip

You must have a valid T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already installed (the installer will check this) and you need your user code for the original T-28D.

Only those people who are having problems downloading the T-28D version 2 from their retailers account should use this patch (ie FSS or PC Aviator Australia customers). The installer from the retailers is a standalone installer, while this patch require the T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already be installed.

If you have installed the T-28D into P3D you should be able to point the installer to the P3D directory. Otherwise, run the T-28D 1.0 or 1.1 installer into a dummy FSX folder, then run the patch and point it into the dummy FSX folder. From there you can copy across the necessary files to P3D.

Tartuffe
December 12th, 2013, 23:32
Patch for T-28D version 1.0 and 1.1 to upgrade to version 2.0 is now available from my website:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28DV200patch.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28DV200patch.zip)

You must have a valid T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already installed (the installer will check this) and you need your user code for the original T-28D.

Only those people who are having problems downloading the T-28D version 2 from their retailers account should use this patch (ie FSS or PC Aviator Australia customers). The installer from the retailers is a standalone installer, while this patch require the T-28D version 1.0 or 1.1 already be installed.

If you have installed the T-28D into P3D you should be able to point the installer to the P3D directory. Otherwise, run the T-28D 1.0 or 1.1 installer into a dummy FSX folder, then run the patch and point it into the dummy FSX folder. From there you can copy across the necessary files to P3D.

Many thanks, Anthony !

Dimus
December 13th, 2013, 00:02
The C is the best fun. I had a ball last evening making traps on the "Shangri La" that came with John's Navy Mustang package.

I tried installing it in P3D v2.0. It installed fine but it causes CTDs after a few minutes. This happens with many other complicated addons though and I understand that it was not developed for v2.0.

It runs great in FSX with DX10 though.

doublecool
December 13th, 2013, 03:21
D version is fantastic
B and C is just Brilliant

Thank you Ant's for both the updated vers 2 of the D
and for doing the B&C models Love Them

A must have Purchase for 2013

WarHorse47
December 13th, 2013, 05:24

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28DV200patch.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28DV200patch.zip)

If you have installed the T-28D into P3D you should be able to point the installer to the P3D directory. Otherwise, run the T-28D 1.0 or 1.1 installer into a dummy FSX folder, then run the patch and point it into the dummy FSX folder. From there you can copy across the necessary files to P3D.Thank you, Anthony.

big-mike
December 13th, 2013, 06:20
Thank you very much,Anthony----great support!:applause:
Update at FSS still not available.
Mike

VCN-1
December 13th, 2013, 06:52
Anthony

Thank you for the patch. FSS update for the D is still not available.

EDIT: Installed the patch from Anthony and had no difficulties at all
Again Thanks!

VCN-1

papab
December 13th, 2013, 09:58
Thank you Anthony!
V 2 upgrade worked perfectly....

Many thanks and Seasons Greetings :santahat:
Rick

ryanbatc
December 13th, 2013, 11:01

Very kind Anthony! Thank you! Is there a change log between 1.1 and 2.0?

EDIT: Ooops I see the info in the manual, thanks!

alehead
December 13th, 2013, 14:11
Thank you Anthony for the kind and uncomplicated solution. She installed fine...

Still no sign of the update for existing owners over at FSS...

A

jojohnson9
December 13th, 2013, 15:23
Add my sincere thanks, Anthony. Update works great, the D is now perfect. Love the B & C models too. Who needs FSS anyway? Seriously, won't be buying from them again.

Lawman
December 14th, 2013, 02:45
No affiliation, but in defense of FSS, they are the main outlet for Orbx-products. With the sale (and subsequent support requests) and a recent spate of Orbx-releases, there's only so much one can do in a given amount of time with a limited amount of staff. Personally, I have nothing but good experiences with them. So you have to wait a bit longer for the update. Big deal:rolleyes:. It's not like v1.0 is unflyable.

ZsoltB
December 14th, 2013, 06:14
http://i.imgur.com/PrgUnkl.jpg

Rudyjo
December 14th, 2013, 07:08
No affiliation, but in defense of FSS, they are the main outlet for Orbx-products. With the sale (and subsequent support requests) and a recent spate of Orbx-releases, there's only so much one can do in a given amount of time with a limited amount of staff. Personally, I have nothing but good experiences with them. So you have to wait a bit longer for the update. Big deal:rolleyes:. It's not like v1.0 is unflyable.

I agree, I've had very good dealings with FSS except for the delay with the T28D update. I certainly would not let this one exception change my future buying habits.

mjrhealth
December 14th, 2013, 10:50
Should be avliable from pc aviator aus, dean just updated.

alehead
December 15th, 2013, 01:20
I agree, it is a little harsh on FSS to say one is not going to purchase there any more because of this delay. Particularly in the light of Anthony providing an update package for us here.

I am sure it will sort and it is not as if we HAVE to wait, thanks to Anthony's update package...

A happy third Advent Sunday to all.

A

Andrew Entwistle

Anneke
December 15th, 2013, 07:08
Anthony, thanks very much. It's a beautifully crafted aircraft. You're an artist sir!

BTW how do u fire the rockets. I didn't manage it, but then again I'm not very technical...:redface-new:

WarHorse47
December 15th, 2013, 07:11
We have the updated patch from Anthony, and it did the job. Fantastic effort. Thank you very much Anthony. :ernaehrung004:

FSS still has not updated the download to my original purchase, nor have they responded to my three (3) e-mails on the issue. But, they will sell you the newer version. :culpability:

Bottom line is that it is my money, and I tend not to spend it where I have encountered a bad experience and lack of customer support. On that point I purchased the B/C version from another distributor.

Time to move on, folks.

Again, thanks to Anthony for the fine Trojans.

Ferry_vO
December 15th, 2013, 11:18
What a fine aircraft!

I tried the D model demo when it was released but found it a bit over sensitive on the controls, but this B/C model handles much better IMHO, so I had to buy it!
Never saw a real Trojan until this summer, as there are now two stationed over here. I was surprised by just how big these are, but also how fast they are.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2013-12-1520-26-40-32_zps990ea219.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2013-12-1520-26-40-32_zps990ea219.jpg.html)

PRB
December 15th, 2013, 11:24
When I was a wee lad long ago I read an article in one of those aviation magazines of the 1970s. In it the author told a story of a mock-dog fight he had in his T-28 with a P-40. Short version is he had the P-40 glued to his front window for the entire contest. At the time I found that very interesting, and still do, to a point. The T-28 was a much newer plane, of course, but was not designed to be a fighter. It's an anecdote that proves nothing, but fun to read about.

mgchrist5
December 15th, 2013, 11:37
Funny you mention that, Paul! I was just reading that old article the other day on the Airbum site.

http://airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-28A.html

anthony31
December 15th, 2013, 11:55
Anthony, thanks very much. It's a beautifully crafted aircraft. You're an artist sir!BTW how do u fire the rockets. I didn't manage it, but then again I'm not very technical...:redface-new:

ARMAMENT MASTER switch ON

ARMAMENT SELECTOR to rockets.

STATION SELECTOR to the station that you have rockets installed

Hit the BRAKES to fire.

If the ARMAMENT SELECTOR and STATION SELECTOR do not match (ie you have bombs on the stations but you have selected rockets) then nothing will fire. The only exception to this are the guns which will fire regardless of the STATION SELECTOR (although you need to switch GUN FIRING switch to READY for the guns to work).

Ian Warren
December 15th, 2013, 12:06
Funny you mention that, Paul! I was just reading that old article the other day on the Airbum site.

I liked that reed , almost made you feel your in the cockpit

bmd
December 15th, 2013, 18:36

Hello Mark,

Thank for the link to this pirep about T-28. It is always interredsting to read pilot report about an airplane that we have in our vvirtual hangar.

Have a good day

Benoit

ZsoltB
December 16th, 2013, 03:46
Hello,

When will be available the B/C paintkit?

Zsolt

PRB
December 16th, 2013, 13:52

Wow, that's awesome. That may very well have been the article I read so many years ago. Thanks!

Roger
December 16th, 2013, 14:24
I just e-mailed them and I'll report back when I get a response.

Still nothing received from FSS.

anthony31
December 16th, 2013, 15:34
Hello,

When will be available the B/C paintkit?

Zsolt

Does anybody want the B/C paintkit?

So far no one has mentioned it but I guess if someone does want one I can do one.

jojohnson9
December 16th, 2013, 15:49
Just downloaded the T-28D updated version from FSS. I'll put the zip file in storage since I have already updated with Anthony's file.

anthony31
December 16th, 2013, 15:59
^ Hi John

Does this mean that FSS has updated the T-28D to V2 (ie 160MB approx download size) for existing T-28D customers?

If they have then I recommend that anyone who has downloaded the patch I made to also download the new installer for their backups. The patch means you need to install V1.0 or V1.1 first and then the patch while the installer from the retailer means you only need to run the installer. Much easier to just run the V2 installer if you ever need to reinstall FSX.

jojohnson9
December 16th, 2013, 17:44
^ Hi John

Does this mean that FSS has updated the T-28D to V2 (ie 160MB approx download size) for existing T-28D customers?

Yes, Anthony, it is the T-28D V2 for existing customers. Good advice to load V2 when needed. I had a chance to ride in the back seat of a T-28 back in the '70s during my Navy career. For a sailor use to flying in P-3s, it was an incredible thrill. I really love your T-28s...thanks so much.

ColoKent
December 16th, 2013, 17:57
Anthony,

Yes, I would absolutely like a B/C paintkit!

Thanks,

Kent

Wings of Gold
December 17th, 2013, 17:31
Anthony,

We REALLY need a paint kit for the wonderful B/C!

Bill

ZsoltB
December 17th, 2013, 22:18
http://i.imgur.com/lSfKL7Y.jpg

anthony31
December 18th, 2013, 17:49
I've just uploaded the paintkit. You can find the download link on the T-28 product page under PAINTKIT.

About 190MB in size (unpacks to 400MB). Files are in photoshop PSD format. I use PSP but exported them as PSD.

ZsoltB
December 18th, 2013, 19:34
Thank you!

bytes2001
December 31st, 2013, 05:21
zsoltquack,

You have a new PM.

Regards,

Russ

delta_lima
July 20th, 2014, 18:52
Hello,

Got the Trojan as part of the PC Aviator sale a couple of weeks back. Simply lovely, Ant - phenomenal work.

My question is why the rocket and bomb models show up as "aircraft" in the aircraft list. Thinking that as most weapons, I should move them to the "Misc" folder - they still appear in the aircraft list in the sim. Why is that? I'd like, if possible to have my menu as tidy as possible - wondering how to fix this.

thanks,

dl

ak416
July 20th, 2014, 19:19
Hello,

Got the Trojan as part of the PC Aviator sale a couple of weeks back. Simply lovely, Ant - phenomenal work.

My question is why the rocket and bomb models show up as "aircraft" in the aircraft list. Thinking that as most weapons, I should move them to the "Misc" folder - they still appear in the aircraft list in the sim. Why is that? I'd like, if possible to have my menu as tidy as possible - wondering how to fix this.

thanks,

dl
Says here in the manual:

Note: You may notice entries for the "North American T28 Bomb 100lb" and "North American T28
SCAR Rocket". The bomb and rockets are AI aircraft objects. In multiplayer mode these need to be
available as selectable aircraft otherwise they will be substituted by another aircraft when called.
Refer to the section on Multiplayer for more details

delta_lima
July 20th, 2014, 20:19
thanks - installed today ... didn't get a chance to read all the manual in my excitement ...

Having re-read the manual, it looks like I still need these in place as AI "aircraft" - even if not in multiplayer, correct? Sounds like they need to be there irrespective of whether in single player or multi player mode. Anyone who can confirm?

thanks,

dl

anthony31
July 21st, 2014, 19:16
thanks - installed today ... didn't get a chance to read all the manual in my excitement ...

Having re-read the manual, it looks like I still need these in place as AI "aircraft" - even if not in multiplayer, correct? Sounds like they need to be there irrespective of whether in single player or multi player mode. Anyone who can confirm?

thanks,

dl

The bombs and rockets were originally placed in the MISC folder but in testing for MP it was found that they needed to be in the AIRCRAFT folder otherwise they would be model replaced by something else (in my case, the default FSX glider). If you are not playing in MP at all it should be safe to move the bombs and rockets folders from AIRCRAFT to MISC and it will still work OK in single player.

hawkdriver
June 19th, 2016, 14:47
Realize this is an old thread, but I just purchased Ant's T-28B/C and I'm trying to sort a small (I believe) issue. In the .pdf manual for the B/C model under interior lighting it states "The Instrument Panel is lit by either red lights or ultraviolet lights or any combination of these two lighting systems. The UV lights have a switch which must be set to ON to operate the UV lights. The UV lighting is a black light that reacts with special paint on the instrument dials." This is version 1.11 on page 24 of the manual. I loved this feature in the Alpha model and believed it transferred to the B/C. I can't find any switch marked for UV on/off. Not a showstopper, just a feature that I thought was included. Anybody have a fix or was this just not modeled. Hawkdriver

Corvette99
June 19th, 2016, 16:18
http://i.imgur.com/lSfKL7Y.jpg

Amazing repaint Zsolt !