PDA

View Full Version : New life for old Broncos

AussieMan
December 9th, 2013, 13:26
Came across this while reading an email from my RFS Aviation boss.

Daveroo
December 9th, 2013, 13:47
Great pics those,the long line of OV-10s is at McClellan in Sacramento."two three zero" is based at Grass Valley in fire season,i see it fly over my house often,if they are heading anywhere in the lower half of El Dorado county,they pass over me.speaking of which,i hear the pilots talking on the radios often and im always hearing,"overhead 25 Auburn",is it proper flying to over fly an airport when passing one?....ive always thought this is so any airplanes climbing out from an airport have room...this correct?

one time when my buddy Bill took me flying with him,a cherokee,we were passing Beale but were well outside the base area,but suddenly i saw flashing lights on my side and realised a C5 (yes it was!)was coming up on us ,just below and to our right,about 100 yards away.suddenly a very angry voice boomed over 122.750..."piper descend immediately !!!".....scared me blue..Bill just cussed and we went down a few hundred feet in less than an eye blink,,or so it felt...

Skyhawk_310R
December 9th, 2013, 13:55
I never understood why the OV-10 did not become a huge success in the general aviation market. It is tailor made for so many applications. It would be a truly outstanding pipeline and powerline survey aircraft.

Ken