PDA

View Full Version : Instal/Run Problems

andersel
December 8th, 2013, 19:04
I am trying to run P3D v2 and am have hit a roadblock. The Installation went fine, to all appearances, but when I try to open the simulator I get this error message:

Prepar3D cannot run because the version of Microsoft DirectX on your computer is incompatible. Please download the current version of DirectX9.0c from www.microsft.com/directx (http://www.microsft.com/directx).

Well, I know that I DO have DirectX 9.0c onboard. I DO know that my rig has the necessarily compatible hardware. Can anyone give me
A. a clue as to why I'm getting this EM
B. a way to work this through

LA

Perhaps I should have put this post in the P3D Forum.

Lionheart
December 8th, 2013, 22:46
Hey Andersel,

They do have a new room in the forum for starting up the sim and this is one of the issues. Some people found a way to intercept or reload (or something) the DX they needed.

Oddly though, P3D V2 is DX11. Perhaps it uses parts of DX9c, but its mainly DX11 now.

I wonder. Is your card able to run DX11? Are the mechanicals in it 'DX11'?

Bill

andersel
December 9th, 2013, 01:06
Bill - Although I am not EXACTLY sure what I did to fix the diffugalty, I DID fix it. I am running P3D Academic and, after completing the download successfully I unzipped the file and found 9 .cab files + two installers. What eventually solved my problem was running both of them. First off, the "install" one with the little windows icon thingy and then the P3D one with the L-M icon thingy. Worked like a charm. The installer loaded up all of the data files, I guess. The P3D one adjusted my system and set everything up so all was right with my rig's hardware.

Anyway, I AM up and running. At least in default settings. Although I set my target rate at 30 FPS I am only averaging around 17-19 right off the bat.

This may be a steep learning curve for me. A

lso I am going to be flying from my VC for the first time.

I imagine that I will be spending some time in the various P3D forums in the near future, eh?

LA

Lionheart
December 9th, 2013, 22:40
Awesome... Glad you got it installed and running.

Welcome to V2.