PDA

View Full Version : P3D Controllers Calibration

gman5250
December 8th, 2013, 10:52
There have been many posts about controller issues in P3D V2 on various sites. I've struggled for a few days with my CH setup until I tried this tip from one of their tech guys.

I calibrated all three controllers, throttle, pedals and stick, individually from the Windows controllers menu. Getting to the menu may be different depending on which Windows version you are running, but in Windows 7 I entered joy.cpl under start/search and opened the menu as administrator.

Once in the menu each controller displayed separately. I calibrated each using the Windows settings/calibration interface. I followed each calibration step and hit "enter" on my keyboard (not on the actual controller) as I completed each step.

Once done I went to P3D V2 and spawned my default flight. The flight opened with the aircraft throttle closed and neutral rudder. I've been plagued with the throttle/rudder issue for two weeks, but it appears that using these steps has cured the issue.

This may work for you...give it a try and let me know your results here.

Lionheart
December 8th, 2013, 10:55
Glad you got it working right, Gman. I didn't know about CH throttles having issues.

With my Saitek, I just needed to assign the Throttle to Z axis, then set it for Sensitivity=127 and Null Zone=1 and I was good to go.

gman5250
December 8th, 2013, 11:19
Glad you got it working right, Gman. I didn't know about CH throttles having issues.

With my Saitek, I just needed to assign the Throttle to Z axis, then set it for Sensitivity=127 and Null Zone=1 and I was good to go.

My Saitek stick was good to go too, just a couple of axis tweaks. The CH controllers weren't consistent every time I flew V2. I finally un-installed the CH controller program and ran the raw drivers as they plug and load. With the calibration I seem to be having reliable performance, although the plane will still rotate left when I go into slew.

Hey BTW...happy almost your birthday...lol.