PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Quistion About The Donation Ware F4F-4

bobhegf
December 8th, 2013, 07:04
I would like to take the 1% air file and put it in the donation ware F4F, how do I do it?

bub
December 8th, 2013, 08:28
Bob,
What I would do is to backup the original, rename the 1% file to match and give it a try. It should work as I've done it before with the 1% Yak-3 file. It worked in that aspect, so give it a try and see what happens.
Bub (Bob)

kelticheart
December 9th, 2013, 02:42
Hi bobhefg,

don't forget to add the 1% aircraft.cfg as well.
CFS2 flight model is controlled by both files, I had bizarre results in the past when I replaced the airfile and left out the aircraft.cfg, or vice-versa.

The only original entries you should keep are the ones controlling the aircraft:

[contact_points]

static_pitch=

and

static_cg_height=

which depend from the model file and were assigned by the original designer.

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

bobhegf
December 9th, 2013, 12:53
I have tried to fly the FDG F4F donation ware in combat and I am getting my clock cleaned by vets. I sure wish some could come up with a more realistic air file for the plane. The AI do a great job but the player ac , well let put it this way I feel like I am flying on egg shells. I am playing a game with my self which is for every plane I am flying that I lose I have to give up one kill, if I am killed it is two. At this point I am 30 kills in the red. I may not be ace material but I am not that bad.

Talon
December 9th, 2013, 13:20
Bob,

I used the FDG F4F4 and F4F3 in my USMC Aces camapign and had no problems when engaging enemy planes.

Rami also did a pack with new airfiles and config files for the FDG planes.I know it covers the Wildcat, Corsairs and I think the Hellcat.

BTW I know you're a big fan of the 1% planes but alot of the newer planes use some of their paramitters in the airfile and config.

Rami
December 9th, 2013, 15:24
Bob,

I used the FDG F4F4 and F4F3 in my USMC Aces camapign and had no problems when engaging enemy planes.

Rami also did a pack with new airfiles and config files for the FDG planes.I know it covers the Wildcat, Corsairs and I think the Hellcat.

BTW I know you're a big fan of the 1% planes but alot of the newer planes use some of their paramitters in the airfile and config.

Bobhegf,

Here you go: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=17&id=6469

bobhegf
December 9th, 2013, 17:08
Rami, Talon and all that helped, thank you. I think I found the problem, it was the weight of the aircraft. I took out 2000lb. and now it has a good solid feel.