PDA

View Full Version : Shessi or another modeler, could you check something?

Rami
December 7th, 2013, 17:57
Hey guys,

I was wondering if one of you could run a check for me. I have been utterly perplexed by members who have gotten constant CTD errors using Tango Romeo's conversion of Sky Unlimited's Bf-109f for the Western Desert campaign, specifically the numerous e-mails I've exchanged with highpockets.

It dawned on me sitting here tonight that maybe, TR's conversion did not remove the FS9 light feature that Shessi mentions when he converts his models (like the Manchester) to CFS2. If true, this could be why, couldn't it?

His model conversion kit is here: http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=TRSU_Bf109_trop.zip&fileId=36006

I have a conversion kit in the library for this model as well, and when I put the package together, I worked with a few people to ensure that model light bugaboo was removed, and when I checked my files, the model file I am using is from my conversion kit, not TR's version. I'm speculating that this is the reason why I cannot reproduce these issues.

My conversion kit is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=54&id=14047

If some of you could help me untangle this web, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

misson
December 7th, 2013, 18:49
Hey guys,

I was wondering if one of you could run a check for me. I have been utterly perplexed by members who have gotten constant CTD errors using Tango Romeo's conversion of Sky Unlimited's Bf-109f for the Western Desert campaign, specifically the numerous e-mails I've exchanged with highpockets.

It dawned on me sitting here tonight that maybe, TR's conversion did not remove the FS9 light feature that Shessi mentions when he converts his models (like the Manchester) to CFS2. If true, this could be why, couldn't it?

His model conversion kit is here: http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=TRSU_Bf109_trop.zip&fileId=36006

I have a conversion kit in the library for this model as well, and when I put the package together, I worked with a few people to ensure that model light bugaboo was removed, and when I checked my files, the model file I am using is from my conversion kit, not TR's version. I'm speculating that this is the reason why I cannot reproduce these issues.

My conversion kit is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=54&id=14047

If some of you could help me untangle this web, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, I´ve played that campaign many times and again. In fact i´m playing now again. And no one ctd. Though , often CTD problems are produced by resolution video settings in my case.
When I have these ctd ´s windows says " Stackhash g2d. dll or g3d.dll or ai.dll" , my question is which legend they have?

The B24 Guy
December 7th, 2013, 20:13
Hi Rami,

I checked TR's conversion and it does contain the g_lightstates var. It also containes the fs9 crash check.

Yours has the fs9 crash check but no g-lightstates.

Hope this helps,
B24Guy

mav
December 7th, 2013, 20:14
Rami... can confirm it is "g_lightStates" issue... doesn't seem to have been disabled, converted with MDLC117... the 190 would of fixed this.

Rami
December 8th, 2013, 02:24
Mav,

I'm not sure, but I can provide one clue. When I run the TR conversion, I get a slight, intermittent "stutter" in free flight, but with the conversion files from my pack, the plane is stutter-free. I don't think it is a gauge issue.

Rami
December 8th, 2013, 03:26
Shessi,

Thanks for the quick work on this, I'll report and let you know how testing goes!

Shessi
December 8th, 2013, 04:02
Rami,
Yes, as B24 says it's the crashcheck and not the glightstates. I've removed them on both models and they're winging their way to you as we speak. I QC'd them with no CTD's or stutters. At least one issue is now out of the equation.

Cheers

Shessi

misson
December 9th, 2013, 03:27
I was comparing both models and i have diferent modifications dates. The last one was a month a go! It seems i´ve modified the model and didnt remember that! Perhaps i´m geting too much punches on my head:boxing:

Because i want people here learn how to fixit, just open the model with a exeditor (there are a lot free in the web) and use the finder tool, look for hex values this: 9d e9 f0 57 23 05 9c 4e bc b6 12 bb 2f e7 3f 06 and replace all for zeros and save.
Cheers
Mario