PDA

View Full Version : speed hold in turboprops

Astoroth
January 17th, 2009, 21:54
I know I saw a thread somewhere, maybe here before the crash, about adding speed hold to turboprops, and the parameters that had to be modified.

If anyone here knows what I am talking about, I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

~A~

fliger747
January 18th, 2009, 00:28
The following is from the default 737 cfg, note that the autothrottle available has a "1". You wioll also need an autopilot panel that has a speed select function.

I have not tried this with a turboprop, but have a thrash at it!

T.

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=1
default_vertical_speed=1800
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_arming_required=1
autothrottle_max_rpm = 90

Astoroth
January 18th, 2009, 19:42
Yep, tried that, it just slowly decreases throttle to 0, and stays there. Trying to put it in the Dreamwings Dash-8 Q200, by the way.

Thanks for trying.

fliger747
January 19th, 2009, 20:46
Too bad, it may not be possible to use autothrottle with the Turboprop. Did you find an autopilot panel to use thta had a speed control input (ie. a speed to set and associated button)?

Astoroth
January 22nd, 2009, 23:11
Sorry, been away for a bit.....

Yep, auopilot has the IAS selector and input box, as well as autothrottle arming. I know it's possible, as I have a couple very nice turboprops that have it. I just haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Dangerousdave26
January 28th, 2009, 09:19
Sorry, been away for a bit.....

Yep, auopilot has the IAS selector and input box, as well as autothrottle arming. I know it's possible, as I have a couple very nice turboprops that have it. I just haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Look at your aircraft.cfg file what type engine is listed.

Options are 0 thru 5 I think

Dangerousdave26
January 28th, 2009, 14:42
Here is what I think you are missing

For a turbo prop the engine type is 5

If that is the case then Toms settings should work.

If the type is a 0 then the Turbo prop is modled as a piston engine.

[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
engine_type = 0

If that is the case change the max rpm to 3600 and it should work.

autothrottle_max_rpm = 3600

No pretension at realism here

This is how you get auto throttle to work in a piston engine.

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2009, 13:11
Not sure if it is pertinent, but tables 317, 329, 1199, 1203, and 1533 relate to the AP and IAS/Mach Hold. You might visit those tables to look for issues as well.