PDA

View Full Version : Internet security issue

SSI01
December 6th, 2013, 06:39
Good morning
I'm not sure if this is my machine, or the website.

Last night, after logging in properly, I went to the home page and attempted a download of the CFS2 Wildcat extras file (FM-2 and Wildcatfish, plus the AI option). I was able to get to the download dialog box without problems, but a second later I got another dialog box on top of it saying Microsoft Internet security had blocked access to the website for security reasons. A second later, another dialog box came on saying an error report was being prepared for transmission to MS Security.

I have not been to the FS9 portion of this site yet, nor have I attempted to download any FS9 files to determine if this is happening to an attempted download of those files as well. I will try to download one to see if this happens with the FS9 files as well.

I have been to other sites and have downloaded normally all along. I am not sure what the problem is.

EDIT: Doesn't matter whether it's an FS9, FSX or CFS2 download attempt - result is the same.

Here is the error code as reported in the MS dialog box:

EventType : BEX P1 : iexplore.exe P2 : 8.0.6001.18702 P3 : 49b3ad2e
P4 : unknown P5 : 0.0.0.0 P6 : 00000000 P7 : 026378c8
P8 : c0000005 P9 : 00000008

Howellerman
December 6th, 2013, 07:11
Google is your friend.

"BEX stands for Binary Execution Prevention... You have a malware/virus infection.If you have anti-malware/virus ware installed scan your computer or take it to a reputable dealer to have it professionally scanned."

This is from the Microsoft site.

Good luck!

SSI01
December 6th, 2013, 10:29
Thanks

I just got this thing back from a tech after a security overhaul and cleanup of the system. It's free of viruses and malware.

The report provides further technical info:

E:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa553.dir00\iexp lore.exe.mdmp
E:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa553.dir00\appc ompat.txt

More digging required. We'll see how friendly Google is.

I DID find out "iexplore.exe.mdmp" should be only in the E:\Windows\System32 folder; if it's anywhere else in the system, it's probably a virus but this needs to be confirmed.