PDA

View Full Version : Experience your flight simulation session in the fullest

OleBoy
December 6th, 2013, 06:38
This may already be known, so bare with me while I share with those who don't know this.

The taskbar that runs across the screen at the bottom of your desktop can be hidden. By doing this you get that much more height in the screen when you go to full screen in the sim program.

Right-click the taksbar, goto "properties".
Put a 'check' in Auto-hide the taskbar.
Click apply, and OK.

This will make the taskbar minimize out of site. To access the taskbar at any time, (not while in the sim) simply touch the pointer at the bottom of the screen.

Now that this is done when you start the sim program, grab an edge of the program screen and drag it to it's largest size.
Now go into the sim menu and click on "view", and select full screen. And viola.

This gives a true full screen during flight. Note that the simulation menu is still visible.

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2013, 08:01
Now that is just plain cool! Thanks! :emmersed: NC

It would be really cool, if we (SOH) members, could get online (every so often) for a meeting to discuss things like this. Tips/tricks.

Maybe it could be done via Teamspeak? But then, maybe using Skype? All I know is there are so many times I could use advice, and this type of tip is nice to know!

centuryseries
December 6th, 2013, 11:26
Now that is just plain cool! Thanks! :emmersed: NC

It would be really cool, if we (SOH) members, could get online (every so often) for a meeting to discuss things like this. Tips/tricks.

Maybe it could be done via Teamspeak? But then, maybe using Skype? All I know is there are so many times I could use advice, and this type of tip is nice to know!

Does prepared allow pressing Alt Enter like FSX does?

Dimus
December 6th, 2013, 11:37
Does prepared allow pressing Alt Enter like FSX does?

Yes Alt-Enter switches between windowed and full screen mode. Also pressing Alt for a few seconds removes the menu bar and pressing Alt once again brings it back. Shift-z will toggle the info bar on top or also remove it. All the same as FSX.