PDA

View Full Version : Great news - Aime's textures work in P3D!

P38man
December 5th, 2013, 16:35
According to this they work in P3D
https://sites.google.com/site/aimecreations/faq

I was watching the video of FTX Vector on Airdailyx and I was struck by how horrible (and by a flight in P3D last night) cliffs, mountains etc still are (same textures as FSX).

I had forgotten this because of using Aime's textures in FSX for years.

Fantastic news, don't even have to download them all again!

Worth a paypal donation!

btw anyone tried using them so far - how is the impact on performance?

OleBoy
December 5th, 2013, 17:21
I don't know what to think. You appear to have the textures already downloaded and have tested them in FSX. Or not.
Are you asking the general community if they work? You have them. TRY THEM!! Let US know!! Mr. guinea pig. HA!!

Lionheart
December 5th, 2013, 21:30
Thanks for the heads up, P38. I'll give them a go when I get a chance.

I found the scenery is pretty much improved, but the mountains still tend to look a bit blah. :S (stock scenery that is). Towns and fields are extremely improved, I thought. More colorful and detailed.

P38man
December 5th, 2013, 22:30
I don't know what to think. You appear to have the textures already downloaded and have tested them in FSX. Or not.
Are you asking the general community if they work? You have them. TRY THEM!! Let US know!! Mr. guinea pig. HA!!

Ha ha you got me! Oleboy 1, P38man 0.

I swore by them in FSX - a huge improvement. Better mountain textures, better cliffs etc.

I already had great mesh and landclass for all the areas I fly in including roads and with these textures I personally had little reason to switch to FTX (no OOMs, just love the mountains and green land - which I just didn't want to give up but each to their own).

I guess I will look at all the texture files where the date was the original installation of P3D and back them up. Then go and find the ones I pasted into FSX on one specific date and paste em in.

With 3 monitors and only a GTX 580 with 1GB I may need to borrow a fire extinguisher first!

OleBoy
December 5th, 2013, 23:04
My comment is all in good fun. That's all. I was given the opportunity to razz ya, P38man! And I took it and ran!! Hehe.
I don't recall the name of it for sure, (my brain is getting aged) Pilots FSglobal I believe. I have that from back in the FSX days that I was curious of. But to be honest, the more aged I get, the less I like fixing stuff that's broke! Therefore, I let others do it first so I can watch and learn from their mistakes. What I'm gettin at, is if it ain't broke, Don't fix it. Hehe.

P38man
December 6th, 2013, 02:03
I knew that Oleboy!...no need to explain....I was making fun of myself as well as I was being a wimp but was caught out doing it lol!

To redeem myself I am having a go at it right this second.
...ok files total 4.98 GB
...instead of 683 kbytes files are up to 10,923 kbytes...

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2013, 06:29
I've been flight simming since 1999, and until this thread, I had never heard of Aime's textures! NC

P38man
December 6th, 2013, 23:27
Well thanks to my wife having to go out I have had enough time to do a few flights with them.

A big improvement for P3D just as it was for Fsx!

There is a performance hit on my already at its limit 1gb gtx580 with 3 monitors but it seems to be not much. It had a much bigger hit on my fsx than p3d.

I am not going back to the standard textures...awesome!

ps for Oleboy - my family's honor has been restored (think of monty python with king arthur having the guy with coconuts behind him pretending he is riding and singing he is a chicken) by me slaying the mighty texture dragon! Will you dare to face the black knight and persevere through small flesh wounds?

pps my joking is surreal today better take a lie down and a tablet.