PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

djscoo
January 17th, 2009, 21:16
So, after reading Hey_Moe's thread about NHancer, I thought I'd try it out. Somewhere in my research I got mixed up and downloaded and installed NTune instead. (my mistake :banghead:) I went into the NVidia control panel and accepted the EULA, after which I was promptly greeted by a "blue screen" not the "BSOD" per se, (though I nearly had a heart attack when it popped up) but rather something I'd never seen before. I had very little time to read what it said as my computer restarted automaticaly some 5 seconds after it came up.

Here's what I did read ("blah's" indicate unread/forgotten text)

Blah blah blah "If this is the first time you have seen this screen" blah blah
Blah blah (something about memory) blah blah "Dump" (followed by a counter of sorts at the bottom of the screen which counted at irregular intervals up to 90 at which point my computer restarted.)

Upon restarting, I got the Vista loading bar followed by 5+ minutes of blank screen...I then hit the "reset" button

Upon restarting (again) I saw a modified "enter Safe Mode?" screen which told me there was a software issue and instructed me to either boot from disk and repair or start from last stable configuration. I chose to boot from last stable configuration, and have so far successfully booted 2 out of 3 times:amen:.

The failure looked like a video issue, I got the round Vista logo, but then it tore up into a round rainbow kaleidoscope of colors, and the telltale audio track never played (I reset after this).

May I have opinions on what may have happened, I can only assume it was due to my installation of NTune instead of Nhancer. Also I'm curious about what was happening during that "Blue Screen"

Note: System Specs Below

harleyman
January 18th, 2009, 03:44
Ouch...That bites....Do you have it resolved yet?

if not reboot into safe mode and remove nTune and your video driver... Then run CCleaner and restart .

Then you can reinstall your video driver again...

It sounds like nTune corrupted your video driver or DX features....

djscoo
January 18th, 2009, 11:26
Everything is back to normal now, I dumped Ntune. That blue screen freaked me out though.

harleyman
January 18th, 2009, 15:25
A lot of folks say bad thing about Ntune.... Nhancer is the real deal..

Glad you got it all back and going....:ernae: