PDA

View Full Version : Developy types... Help needed.

Firekitten
December 5th, 2013, 03:17
Guys, I need your help... I'm working on a model atm, One of Iris's easter eggs... the CRJ200. It doesn't have alphas enabled... bumps or specs... now I'm pretty sure bumps and specs can't be done, but I'm sure I heard (if I'm not going mad) that it IS possible to add alpha channel support in afterwards yes? Does anyone have any idea how to do it?

Model is native x, no ammount of alpha shows... which makes me wonder if its simply disabled... the glass texture in the same model does have it on... just the fuse and wings etc don't... thoughts?

Bjoern
December 5th, 2013, 05:30
Try a texture with an alpha channel and see if it works...?

If it doesn't, you're out of luck.

Firekitten
December 5th, 2013, 05:35
I did try it already.... as I said above... I was sure there was a way of editing material properties? or am I confusing something else?

n4gix
December 5th, 2013, 06:15
For a "painter", either the FSX Materials are set or they are not. For normal Alpha "reflections" the model's FSX Material should be set to "Blend diffuse by diffuse alpha."

A less commonly used option is to set up the FSX Material using "Blend diffuse by inverse of specular map alpha."

Furthermore, the Reflection Scale needs to be set to some value greater than zero, typically about 32, and the Specular Map Power Scale set to some value greater than zero, typically about 232...

Firekitten
December 5th, 2013, 06:40
Bugger... *sad panda*... That's really quite irritating. I was wondering if any material editors might be able to bodge it in... thanks Bill. Those four easter egg aircraft are almost purposefully unfinished to the state that you can't really do much to finish them properly. :(

Roger
December 5th, 2013, 09:26
MDLMatXX? http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/download/MDLMatXX.zip