PDA

View Full Version : Simlauncher 9.2 doesnt work with P3Dv2

YoYo
December 3rd, 2013, 12:56
Cant setup this tool. Good idea for P3D for alternative menu of sim but doesnt work.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/th_Nowy-3_zps5b1ab927.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/Nowy-3_zps5b1ab927.jpg.html)

AussieMan
December 3rd, 2013, 13:38
Did you run the makerunways file in the root folder of P3DV2?

Looking at the error report it appears that you haven't. Just a thought.

stovall
December 3rd, 2013, 15:45
Hold on guys. Maarten is working on a completely new version which is SimlauncherX. Many new cool features. Not sure it works in P3D v2 but we should know soon. Great utility for entering both FSX and P3D 1.4. Especially P3D 1.4.

Howellerman
December 3rd, 2013, 16:37
Hold on guys. Maarten is working on a completely new version which is SimlauncherX. Many new cool features. Not sure it works in P3D v2 but we should know soon. Great utility for entering both FSX and P3D 1.4. Especially P3D 1.4.

Agree - indispensable for P3D, and I hope it works for V2 (haven't gone down that route yet - waiting for some of the dust to settle).

I particularly like that it is aware of which Orbx region is active.

luckydog
December 3rd, 2013, 21:46
Had to look simlauncher up......never heard of it. I'm confused. What's the difference in loading a flight BEFORE starting the sim
and loading a flight AFTER starting the sim........???

Lionheart
December 3rd, 2013, 21:51
Hey LD,

It used to be that they didn't have a load screen, and someone created one. Has a plane selection, airport selection, and I think time of day selection. Click go when you are set and it starts up P3D. This was for 1.4.

Now they have a Startup Menu, which you can either go to from the default startup flight, or you can tick the setting that allows for you to boot up into the Setup Menu.

Naismith
December 3rd, 2013, 23:15
It is quite useful too in FSX. Plus quick access to all those annoyingly hidden away xml and cfg files.

Adrian Petford
December 4th, 2013, 01:07
I fathomed out a workaround, and SimLauncher 9.2 has been working fine here on P3D 2.0 for almost a week now:

1. Run Pete Dowson's MakeRwys in your P3Dv2 root folder.
2. Copy SimLauncher.flt from FSX saved flights folder to P3Dv2 saved flights folder. DO NOT SAVE THIS FLIGHT IN P3Dv2, IT MUST REMAIN AS AN .FLT FILE.
3. Select SimLauncher.flt as the default flight in P3D.
4. Set up P3Dv2 paths in SimLauncher. You'll need to manually set the configuration folder, scenery.cfg folder and saved flights folder.
5. Use SimLauncher as normal.

Personally, I still much prefer it to P3D's new Scenario Setup screen. That may look nicer visually, but SimLauncher has far more options available to start your flight. Even if you like the Scenario Setup, SimLauncher's also a good way to get around the black screen issue currently occurring on P3D startup when it's set to pseudo full screen.

It's great to hear Maarten's working on a new version. I had a feeling he would be on the case!

YoYo
December 4th, 2013, 02:29
Personally, I still much prefer it to P3D's new Scenario Setup screen.

Yes but I have black screen and want to have HDR on.

Adrian Petford
December 4th, 2013, 07:07
Hi YoYo,

Scenario Setup is P3D's new flight setup screen, introduced in V2.
SimLauncher is a popular freeware utility to start the sim, written by Maarten Boelens. It has no connection with Lockheed Martin and can be used to start FSX as well.

LM are currently recommending you should either switch of HDR or untick the Scenario Setup in the settings to avoid the black screen issue. I also want to keep HDR so I've unticked Scenario Setup.

However, if I use SimLauncher to start P3D I can still set up all the flight parameters and start P3D in full screen without the black screen happening. SimLauncher also has many more options to setup the flight than Scenario Setup.

If you're stuck with the black screen, try altering FullScreen=False to FullScreen=True in Prepar3D.CFG. That should get you back up and running.

Hope that helps :-)

Paul Anderson
December 6th, 2013, 03:51
Noticed this on Avsim this morning, might be of interest to you P3DV2 owners:

Prepar3D v2 Launcher Utility

File Description:

"Prepar3D v2" starts directly in flight. Even you enable the scenario startup menu on startup there is no option to load your flight from there. Every time, after the default flight gets loaded, you have to go to the menu and load your saved flight from there which is a total waste of time. I created this little utility to solve this little but annoying problem until Prepar3D development team takes care of it. The program will launch "Prepar3D v2" directly with your saved flight that you choose as you will expect.

This method is also a faster way to start the simulator as you don't need to wait anything to be loaded except your saved fight.

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2013, 10:40
Downloaded, but have not tried yet. Looks promising! NC

Update: Installed, but cannot get it to work. It asks for location of the Prepar3dv2.exe file, which I located. But it is not recognizing it for some reason:( NC

YoYo
December 8th, 2013, 11:51
Noticed this on Avsim this morning, might be of interest to you P3DV2 owners:

Prepar3D v2 Launcher Utility

File Description:

"Prepar3D v2" starts directly in flight. Even you enable the scenario startup menu on startup there is no option to load your flight from there. Every time, after the default flight gets loaded, you have to go to the menu and load your saved flight from there which is a total waste of time. I created this little utility to solve this little but annoying problem until Prepar3D development team takes care of it. The program will launch "Prepar3D v2" directly with your saved flight that you choose as you will expect.

This method is also a faster way to start the simulator as you don't need to wait anything to be loaded except your saved fight.

Thx a lot!

Adrian Petford
December 9th, 2013, 07:13
Interesting, will have to try this.

SimLauncher's still working fine here. I get the black screen occasionally but this is usually fixed by altering something about the setup flight, such as choosing a different aircraft. It doesn't always pass through a change of airport, although I think that's a P3D2 issue as it has also been flagged as happening with Scenario Setup.