PDA

View Full Version : Dino's T-45C version 2.50

orionll
December 2nd, 2013, 15:09
Tuesday, December 3, 2013

T-45C Goshawk project release 2.52

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iiOdX5z_1eQ/Up0S0pthOsI/AAAAAAAABlQ/IlCkM3UqBRQ/s400/Image5.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iiOdX5z_1eQ/Up0S0pthOsI/AAAAAAAABlQ/IlCkM3UqBRQ/s1600/Image5.jpg)

FURTHER UPDATE TO V2.52.... SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

Getting rid of the dependency on the F/A-18 code was a little bit trickier than I thought... it turns out that it was driving also some of the advisory lights trigger I was using... so here we go with a further, and hopefully last for a while, update to the T-45C.

VERSION 2.52
- Fixed AoA indexer logic (now compliant to the real deal)
- Fixed bug preventing FLAPS advisory light to show

Download links have been amended, and file is being sent to avsim and flightsim as I write.

IMPORTANT! UPDATED TO V2.51!
If you have downloaded version 2.50 you should download again the file - sorry for the inconvenience!

VERSION 2.51
- Fixed bug preventing AoA indexer to work properly (note: AoA indexer is currently reporting the Angle of Incidence rather than the real AoA... therefore its optimal values are different from the AoA dials, but are now consistent with the HUD indications).
- Added Hook Bypass functionality (clicking the Bypass switch turns on the AoA indexer even if the tailhook is not deployed)
- Fixed minor bug in panel.cfg showing debug data rather than GPS

I took the chance of the release of Lockheed Martin Prepar3d v2 to create and release a (much needed) update to the T-45C Goshawk project. The major feature of this update is that there is a fresh new MFD system, written for scratch to both get rid of the dependence from fa-18.dll library AND have MFDs which are MUCH closer to the real deal (actually some pages are 100% compliant to the NATOPS).

A couple of important notes:
- I have slightly modified the HSI page so that some soft keys are assigned to basic AUTOPILOT functions (rather than Waypoint management)
- Some pages are non-functional - sorry you have to live with that. Some will show "INOP", while some others like the DATA page will show authentic, but inoperative, layout (this is just to show what would be the pilot interface in reality).
- You can make MK76 training bombs appear by clicking the STRS -> A/G -> BOMB buttons. These bombs are cosmetic only and are non-droppable
- The files are signed for Tacpack multiplayer... but there are no weapons whatsoever. The only working Tacpack functions is support for Tacpack Carrier Navaids: you have to enter the Tacpack "VOR equivalent" frequency into NAV1: if Tacan is detected, NAV2 will be automatically scanned for Tacpack Carrier ILS frequency. Tacpack navaids will show ONLY in the HUD (will not show in the MFDs HSI or anywhere else)
- To install the aicraft in P3D you should follow the same procedure as for FSX (with the obvious changes... unzip in the Prepar3d main folder rather than the FSX main folder... I hope this goes without saying, but you never know!)

Detail of the changes are as follows:

VERSION 2.50
- Full compatibility with Prepar3d v1.X and v2.0!
- Completely redone MFD system, now features an (almost) complete and (partially) true to NATOPS bespoke MFD system.
Acceleration F/A-18 files are not require anymore.
- Changed pilot figures with professionally made models
- Minor tweaks to glass representation, both in exterior models and interior models
- Aircraft has now 3 Master Modes (NAV, A-A, A-G) selectable from the STRS page
- User can make (non functional) MK76 training bombs to appear by selecting BOMB in the STRS page
- Added proper A/G DEPression controls, will show in the HUD A/G mode
- Autopilot now routed through the HSI page
- Minor tweaks to the VC geometry
- Support for TacPack Carrier NAVAIDS (only through HUD - Tune NAV1 to Carrier TACAN, ILS will be tuned automatically on NAV2)
- Files are now signed for TacPack multiplayer (although the plane is completely disarmed)
- Minor tweaks to AoA inidcations (still not 100% correct, but should be better)
- Removed voice alerts
- Fixed minor bug in instructor MFDs
NOTE: FLIGHT MANUAL NOT UPDATED
Well... I believe that is all. The file, for the moment, will be hosted only on this blog to limit its diffusion in case of major bugs. It will be uploaded to the usual repositories as soon as it is verified it works as intended.

You can download the file by clicking HERE (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VJtKJlye7FclJ6cHo3MWw3cHc/edit?usp=sharing) , or by clicking on the side bar.
Have fun!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z6hNYAyX76U/Up0SyGKX8BI/AAAAAAAABlI/KzxWrEM_OLk/s320/Image6.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z6hNYAyX76U/Up0SyGKX8BI/AAAAAAAABlI/KzxWrEM_OLk/s1600/Image6.jpg)

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2013/12/t-45c-goshawk-project-release-250.html

kdfw
December 2nd, 2013, 16:23
totally excellent. keeps getting better and better.

Victory103
December 2nd, 2013, 17:00
Great news and so happy to move away from the FSX-Accl Hornet gauges.

Gdavis101
December 2nd, 2013, 22:09
Love his stuff! Great work Dino!

Dino Cattaneo
December 2nd, 2013, 23:15
Thanks for the appreciation!

I have been noticed of another minor malfunction (flap light) - but cannot work on that for thw whole day... I'll leave the files as they are for the moment. Please report any malfunction (prefereably through my blog, but reporting here is fine too).

Naismith
December 2nd, 2013, 23:58
Wow super fast d/l for the size, took about 3 seconds!!!!

Thanks a bunch this a/c is a beauty.

Maury2008
December 3rd, 2013, 08:29
Is great, I noticed only a few thinks, the mfd are always on even in the absence of electrical power, enginei off, battery off.
there is no more radar page
Page hud does not work

Anyway, great work!

big-mike
December 3rd, 2013, 09:11
Wow super fast d/l for the size, took about 3 seconds!!!!

Thanks a bunch this a/c is a beauty.

+1
Thank you very much.:icon29:
Mike

FentiFlier1
December 3rd, 2013, 09:14
Very nice work on the MFDs, Dino. Highly appreciated! :applause:

I tried them out earlier on and they worked fine in the modes I used. Actually, they are more user firendly than the F-18's.

Owen.

vonstroheim
December 3rd, 2013, 15:51
I know I'll offend some, but I'd like to see some BAe Hawk style repaints for Dino's fantastic Boeing T45C... Like these, some simple ones, some more funky... I will try to do a simple one, but I'm quite hopeless with photoshop...

http://m.vovgt.radiovietnam.vn/webmedia/article/52508/Phan_Lan.jpg

http://satelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/BAE-Hawk1-600x340.jpg

I know UKMIL is making a real Hawk, but while waiting... And Dino's VC is so perfect... I'd rather have a fake Boeing Hawk!

But UKMIL BAe Hawk is quite promising... here is the WIP Hawk T2 v1 (with unofficial Dino's VC...)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4553/8wbn.jpg

kdfw
December 3rd, 2013, 17:30
one minor issue: when selecting gps (shft3), the gauge01=T45C_MFD!VARWATCHER gauge shows up. this then causes the mfd buttons from working.

easy fix as commenting out //gauge01=T45C_MFD!VARWATCHER and commenting in gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500.

and had to modify the pilot textures for the navy, white helmet with sage flight suit. i'll probably upload later.

EDIT: ok, will update the new version.

orionll
December 3rd, 2013, 18:09
one minor issue: when selecting gps (shft3), the gauge01=T45C_MFD!VARWATCHER gauge shows up. this then causes the mfd buttons from working.

easy fix as commenting out //gauge01=T45C_MFD!VARWATCHER and commenting in gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500.

That was fixed in version 2.51, which should be referred to in the first post.

Edit: Edited first post to reflect version 2.52.

p14u2nv
December 3rd, 2013, 19:36
Thank you very much Dino for sharing your work, this is one sweet ride indeed!

:unitedstates:

dhazelgrove
December 3rd, 2013, 22:18
Version 2.52 is up at AVSIM.

Dave

Dino Cattaneo
December 3rd, 2013, 23:55
You are welcome guys!

Version 2.52 should be a good one - I did not realize to which extent I was using Hornet-related code...

Anyway, it should be good to go - much more realistic MFDs along with full P3D compatibility!

dougal
December 4th, 2013, 14:34
Wow Dino!!! You continue to spoil us mere mortals;-) I'm extremely grateful to you and your like for ever improving what many said would never never work as a flight sim engine.

You also have my admiration. I'd love to possess such skills.

Thanks fella!

letourn
December 4th, 2013, 16:37
Thanks a lot for all your hard work

gray eagle
December 5th, 2013, 07:26
I am having issues with the landing gear not going up when I launch from the Team SDB Big E or the other AI Carriers. The cockpit landing gear indicator will move up or down and the lights respond accordingaly however, when you do a spot view I find that the wheels did not go up. On regular runways, no problem - just on aircraft carrier launches.

letourn
December 5th, 2013, 09:13
Maybe a stupid question but did you up your launch bar? If its down usually the gear wont go up for some plane. im not home cant test it right now

gray eagle
December 5th, 2013, 09:35
Before launch I do the following:

After taxing just a tad over the launch shuttle:

1. Press Shift + U to put the launch bar down
2. Shift + I to attach to catapult
3. Pull stick back advance throttle (in the airplane)
4. Press Shift + Space bar to launch.

After I launch, and that works just fine, I will attempt raise the landing gear (just as always) and the gear stays down (welded).
(as I said before, the landing gear handle up move up or down.)
Incidently, I reverted to an older version of this aircraft and have same issues with the landing gear not raising on a carrier launch.
Only on shore runways will it work properly.

orionll
December 5th, 2013, 10:11
As letourn said, make sure to retract the launch bar after launching. Keeping the launch bar lowered will prevent the gear from retracting. In other words, press Shift+U after you launch.

gray eagle
December 5th, 2013, 10:26
As letourn said, make sure to retract the launch bar after launching. Keeping the launch bar lowered will prevent the gear from retracting. In other words, press Shift+U after you launch.

Why do that >>>> "press Shift+U after you launch"<<<<<<< - I'll try that but, to me, that is like saying close the bar door AFTER all the horses have left the barn......

I have always did the Shift +U thing only ONCE with any aircraft that I use on an aircraft carrier.

EDIT: OK, I just did another launch from the Big "E" and I did the Shift + U (Again) AFTER I had launched. After a few repeated Shift + U key presses, the gear did go up.

I just don't understand having to do that TWICE (Before and after launch) as with other aircraft I only had to do that ONCE (Before launch) . Strange.

orionll
December 5th, 2013, 11:18
Why do that >>>> "press Shift+U after you launch"<<<<<<< - I'll try that but, to me, that is like saying close the bar door AFTER all the horses have left the barn......

I have always did the Shift +U thing only ONCE with any aircraft that I use on an aircraft carrier.

EDIT: OK, I just did another launch from the Big "E" and I did the Shift + U (Again) AFTER I had launched. After a few repeated Shift + U key presses, the gear did go up.

I just don't understand having to do that TWICE (Before and after launch) as with other aircraft I only had to do that ONCE (Before launch) . Strange.

Shift+U toggles the launch bar, much like G toggles the landing gear. The landing gear cannot retract when the launch bar is still extended. Hence, you must raise the launch bar before you can raise the gear.

gray eagle
December 5th, 2013, 12:31
Shift+U toggles the launch bar, much like G toggles the landing gear. The landing gear cannot retract when the launch bar is still extended. Hence, you must raise the launch bar before you can raise the gear.

Thanks for the tip. That explains why this doesn't happen on shore runways. I have be able to get away with (SHIFT + U once) with other planes on carrier launches - lucky I guess.

But thanks for explaining all this. :)

vonstroheim
December 5th, 2013, 15:35
Royal Navy by Grant MacLean @ avsim

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/3929/u7i3.jpg

RAAF by Mitch (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/48654-a-not-so-quick-repaint/) from Tasmania (unreleased, what a pity...)

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/9343/9gaa.jpg

Did you guys found some more fictionnal repaints like these?

Dino Cattaneo
December 6th, 2013, 00:11
All,

a couple of notes.

Launch bar "issue"

Orionll is right - but let me elaborate this a little:
In reality, the launch bar is spring loaded - pilot does not have to retract it manually, unless there is a malfunction. Gear cannot be retracted when the launch bar is extended.
Thing is, it is not really clear in the SDK what are the conditions that make the launch bar raise automatically... and, while the T-45C complies with the Acceleration SDK, this does not happen automatically.
So, after carrier launch, you have to raise the launch bar manually - just one key press.
I could add a piece of code which force the launch bar raise when weight-on-wheels is off.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Flap lights

Even in 2.52 there is an issue with the flap advisory lights...they only work then the Landing gear is down... a temporary fix is available on my blog (in the comments section - I am pasting the download link below).

Cage/Uncage HUD

There is another issue so that the HUD Cage/Uncage control do not seem to work... This is also (partially) solved by the fix.

Here is the download link - you have to replace the file in the panel/T45_MFD folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VJtKJlye7FYU9qNG9ub0s0V0E/edit?usp=sharing

kdfw
December 6th, 2013, 03:34
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=3&linkid=17820

Maury2008
December 6th, 2013, 07:28
Is great, I noticed only a few thinks, the mfd are always on even in the absence of electrical power, enginei off, battery off.
there is no more radar page
Page hud does not work

Anyway, great work!

also with version 2.52 i had MFD always on with all electric off

Dino Cattaneo
December 6th, 2013, 07:38
As for the HUD page this was intentionally left out - I had no time to do that.
I may want to add it because it allows a more realistic control of the Cage / Uncage mode.
You may have noticed the INOP on that page and others.

New HUD system is not (yet) enslaved to electrical system.

I will release a v2.53 version sometimes soon.

JimmyRFR
December 6th, 2013, 09:08
Dino, thanks for all of your hard work to not only bring us this plane, but to keep improving it as you do. Your projects are really one of the shining areas of FSX for me, and are very greatly appreciated and admired!!

Victory103
December 7th, 2013, 08:46
Nice job on the helmets "kdfw"!

odourboy
December 11th, 2013, 04:22
Greetings! I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to military aircraft (a complete newbie to this forum!)

Is there a description of the autopilot functions for Dino's T-45C anywhere? I've been muddling around with it, but I'm having a few problems and I'm not sure what to expect. Some particular questions I have are:
1) Is it capable of doing an ILS approach? If so, how do you engage this - it doesn't seem to want to track a glideslope.
2) I seem to only be able to engage/disengage autopilot through the FSX keyboard function. Is there a button in the VC to do this? Is there an indicator anywhere that my AP is engaged?
3) Similarly, I seem to be able to put it in VOR NAV mode with the FSX keyboard function. The MFD key in the VC doesn't seem to do anything other than highlight the mode in the MFD

Appreciate any clarification!

Dino Cattaneo
December 12th, 2013, 04:50
Well,

the autopilot in the T-45C does not do much - actually, there were not direct control up to the latest revisions (latest is currently 2.55). For gameplay purposes, I have included some autotpilot controls in the MFD-> HSI page.

The current rendition of the Goshawk has very basic autopilot functions.

1) Current rendition is not capable of automatic ILS approaches.

2) Yes, "AUTO" flag on the softkey in HSI mode. In real world, this has another function, but still....

3) I have not tested that... but it *should* work - well, better say it may work. Autopilot controls were a last minute addition and mostly untested.

BR

Dino

odourboy
December 12th, 2013, 09:29
Thanks Dino! Good information.