PDA

View Full Version : Rex Overdrive help

Roger
November 30th, 2013, 13:39
In the "Textures" menu how do you deselect wave animation in order to use FsX default, which is the only one that works in Dx10?

adi518
November 30th, 2013, 14:32
Hmm... rex has dx10 compatible wave animations. You just have to select that in the config menu, then install the animation you want. It's working perfectly fine.

Roger
November 30th, 2013, 15:15
Thanks for the reply but let's just say I wanted to keep the default animation and texture, how would I disable those in Rex?

adi518
November 30th, 2013, 15:19
Hmm... you have to google around for the defaults or use your rex backup.

Roger
November 30th, 2013, 16:31
Here's a quote from an Avsim Dx10 forum thread

"The default stuff isn't a set (oddly enough, I'd say): you hopefully made a backup with REX before you installed any sets... If you did that, then you have to restore that backup and then re-apply the set you like but this time with the wave animation deselected on the options screen (so they won't be installed again)."

This is what I'm attempting to do as I prefer the default option.

adi518
November 30th, 2013, 16:41
Hmm.. well if don't have a backup, I guess someone here, with a vanilla fsx could probably chime in and upload it for you. That or installing fsx on a separate machine and then using that vanilla copy as a backup.

Roger
November 30th, 2013, 18:31
I have a backup, I just want to know how to disable those parts of Rex that I don't want.

adi518
November 30th, 2013, 19:28
Hmm... first you will need to tick off the wave animation so it doesn't reinstall itself in case you're making changes to your theme.

Then go to fsx/texture and look for these:

OceanHeight20FieldHigh.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer1.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer2.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer3.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer4.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer5.dds

Back them up.

Then, look for these files in your default fsx backup and put them instead of these. I'm guessing that should work!

Dimus
December 1st, 2013, 02:21
Roger, I've done what you want to do.

First open REX and go to Configuration Manager and restore your backup. This will return all textures to default.

Then go to options tab and tick the textures you want REX to install. Make sure you leave "Water Animation" unticked.

Finally go to "Textures" tab, select the textures you want to install on the various themes (sky, clouds, runway etc) and click install. REX will install only the textures that you have ticked in the options tab.

Hope it helps.

Roger
December 1st, 2013, 07:35
Thanks both for you efforts and thanks to Dimus for the solution.