PDA

View Full Version : Mission builder...............

Fibber
November 29th, 2013, 18:55
Okay guys,

After all these years of being a squirreler I decided to try the mission builder to add some guns to some of the new airfield bunkers. So I dutifully read the good booklet, started up mission builder to fulfill my dreams and it crashes the game!!! Happens every time. Am I missing something or am I doomed to be a squirreler.

BTW this is Win XP SP3.

Blood_Hawk23
November 29th, 2013, 20:46
okay guys,
after all these years of being a squirreler I decided to try the mission builder to add some guns to some of the new airfield bunkers. So I dutifully read the good booklet, started up mission builder to fullfill my dreams and it crashes the game!!! Happens every time. Am I missing something or am I doomed to be a squirreler. BTW this is Win XP Sp3.

does it open at all?

only thing i can think of is something is out of sorts between what you have installed (scenery, aircraft obj, ect...) and what MB is looking for. It could be a ship or plane doing it. how many installs of CFS2 do you have?

if you have multiple installs.
>pic one that has the least done to it.
>create a new link to that ones MB.
>then run it.

if not make a new one.
>rename your old folder to CFS2 WWII or something like that.
>install new combat flight sim.
>create link to MB.
>run it.

either way its something along those lines.

maybe someone else will have another idea. Rami or one of the others that use MB alot might know.

keep me posted Fibber.

Fibber
November 29th, 2013, 21:42
.............I do have multiple installs but each one is seperate with its' own MB. I start, designate the mission I want to "help" hit the "bullseye" and ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip! What did I do?

Blood_Hawk23
November 29th, 2013, 21:50
.............I do have multiple installs but each one is seperate with its' own MB. I start, designate the mission I want to "help" hit the "bullseye" and ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip! What did I do?

Are all of them doing it?

check Cowboys post a little farther down the board. see if that helps.

Rami
November 30th, 2013, 09:56
Fibber,

After reading your post several times, I think I know what MIGHT be tripping you up here. It's Mission Builder gremlin number one. When you either create a new mission or go to an airfield, you need to be very careful in what you do.

Whenever you load CFS2, especially if you have removed all the Pacific bases, (such as a Europe, OstFront, or Mediteranean install) it still starts you off in the Solomons at Guadalcanal.

In order to start working on a mission or object placement in a location other than the Pacific, you need to select the Operating Area rather than the Airbase, and selection the region of the globe where you want to work (This is your operas.dat file) if you do not see any bases listed. Hitting the Airbase selection without seeing airbases in gray (indicating that you are already in that theatre) will cause CFS2 to throw a hissy fit, CTD on you, and close you out.

Fibber
December 3rd, 2013, 19:31
.......so Rami and B_H I am not avoiding you. Thanks for the comeback. SH it is in all installs and all are seperate from each other. The only shared file is a "Engine Sounds" alias folder I may a long time ago. I thisnk Rami may be right, but I haven't tried, as I can't recall if I hit the Ops area button. Might be my oversight error that is causing the CTD.

Will try when I have time and let you know.