PDA

View Full Version : FTX Freeware Tasmania ?

marklaur
January 17th, 2009, 16:37
I noticed in the December Issue of "Computer Pilot" magazine in the freewareFrenzy section they list some FTX freeware.

One of the packages is supposed to be a complete makeover for Tasmania, Australia with new coast lines etc. But all I can find at the site for Tasmania is the Launceston Airport scenery that looks to be just over 100MB.

Doeas anyone know if the complete Tasmanian package is available, or have I read it wrong in the magazine or site?

I would be interested in the Tasmanian scenery as I have done a lot of bushwalks down there and would like to try to trace some of the coastal walks we have done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers MarkL.

mike678
January 17th, 2009, 16:58
Hi,

If you go to http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html
there is a FTX AUBlue demo that has all of Tasmania, but with textures for spring only. It is about 230MB.

I highly recommend the FTX products.

marklaur
January 17th, 2009, 19:53
Thanks,
I will download it and give it a try. That must have been what the magazine was refering to I quess.

Cheers MarkL

Cactuskid
January 17th, 2009, 20:26
Be forwarned mate... Once you try the demo, you'll be hooked and have to get the whole FTX package! All four Australian scenery packages and the add-on airports are incredible! Since I got FTX, I can't stay out of Aussie airspace! Try the free Tasmania demo and their freeware Launceston airport and you'll see what I mean! :woot:

MM
January 18th, 2009, 07:16
Cactuskid is right. FTX spoils us all--showing what FSX can become.

I suppose the only thing that will bring us North Americans back from the Great Southland is Holger Sandmann's artistry in FTX Pacific Northwest and FSAddon's Tongas Fjords (plugging Francois here).

Best,
Mike

Cazzie
January 18th, 2009, 07:57
It will spoil you! And it's Summer down under! :jump:

Caz

marklaur
January 18th, 2009, 18:32
Cactuskid is right.

I suppose the only thing that will bring us North Americans back from the Great Southland is Holger Sandmann's artistry in FTX Pacific Northwest and FSAddon's Tongas Fjords (plugging Francois here).

Best,
Mike

Now Tongas Fjords was one of the best addons for FS2004, float planes are my all time favourite.

Cheers MarkL