PDA

View Full Version : New Ireland released by UncleTgt!

UncleTgt
November 29th, 2013, 08:16
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/128113857373444724.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: New Ireland Scenery November 2013 By UncleTgt

This project builds on my New Britain scenery for a CFS2 install that uses Rhumbas more accurate new world mesh.This scenery revises New Ireland Island & New Hanover Island. It also reworks Djaul island, the Tabar Group, Lihir, the Tanga Group, Feni Islands, & Anir. Also provided are new representations for Green Island & the Nuguria Island group.

It comprises:

New LWM polys to match Rhumbas more accurate world mesh, along with new coastlines (with & without sandy beaches), & a complete set of water textures. Also included are new land & waterclass to give a better impression of the jungle terrain, volcanic soil & coral atolls. In addition, several stock airbases were relocated & redrawn.

Some of Maskriders airbases are affected, these were relocated to match the new mesh & converted to gsl with destroyable objects at the same time. This also includes new gsl work to give detail to the harbour areas as well as the airbases environs.

The textures were designed to display best using Dvslat’s FSX style dark jungle textures, & pacific blue water.

Credits

Thanks to:
Jean Bomber for his inspiration, advice & support. He talked me through getting to grips with G2K & more…
Maskrider for all his airbase packages & the blended airbase tutorial. This set the standard for airbase sceneries for the game.
Rhumbaflappy for the new more accurate world mesh – it was a desire to make best use of this development that is the driver for many of my scenery projects. He also developed the vtp1 fixer programme to fix display errors in vtp bgls compiled from Ground2K.
GavinC for his reworking of the stock airbases, making individual base reworking/ revision much easier
Shessi for his water textures, that were the inspiration for my reworking of Jimkos Pacific Blues, & indirectly lead me to develop this latest set of water textures.
Lindsay Watt for all of his scenery objects & innovations.
Wolfi for his scenery objects.
Xavier for all his scenery objects & airbase sceneries, opening up a larger world for us all to fly in
Martin Wright for all the various software tools that are so useful!
Russell Dirks for his EZ landclass programme, making large scale land/ water class adjustments possible
Christian Fumey for his excl8 & Ground2K programmes, making the creation of completely new scenery possible for CFS2.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit New Ireland UT.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=17782&catid=45)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
November 29th, 2013, 09:33
UncleTgt,

Your work is absolutely outstanding! Thank you for all of your hard work on this, I know it is not a breeze to pull off! :victorious:

blohmundvoss
November 29th, 2013, 10:16
Great work, Unc - I've been looking forward to this.

Cheers
BuV

Shadow Wolf 07
November 29th, 2013, 11:08
Beautiful work and thank you for the scenery! I know from experience it is not an easy task.

Worthless
November 29th, 2013, 11:45
Way to go UT. Another winner.

Worthless
November 30th, 2013, 12:25
Remarkable scenery UT. I just dropped it into my Rhumba PTO, and it worked like a champ. Took a short hop up the coast of NI, in FF. The shorelines are spectacular. What a difference the reefs make. I noticed all the little villages you sprinkled up and down the coast in between airbases. Nice touch. I'll get to all the new airbases in the next few days. Thanks and congrats.

kdriver
December 1st, 2013, 06:36
Magnificent as always UncleTgt - your work just gets better and better.

One minor thing - there appears to be a superfluous file for Green Island.

Thanks a lot,

Kevin

Worthless
December 1st, 2013, 07:06
One minor thing - there appears to be a superfluous file for Green Island.

That's strange. I flew into Green Island and did not see this.

UncleTgt
December 1st, 2013, 09:15
Sorry Kev, the pic shows you still have MRs Nissan still installed. As Tango used to say,**** :cocksure:

Worthless, the eyecandy gsl is just that - & I hope others can improve on what I started - my gsl skills suck!:disgust:

kdriver
December 2nd, 2013, 07:11
Thanks UT - I didn't realize Nissan and Green Islands were the same place.

UncleTgt
December 2nd, 2013, 12:58
Thanks UT - I didn't realize Nissan and Green Islands were the same place.

Me neither Kevin! :crushed:

(You won't believe how long it took me to track that one down...:bi_polo:)

kelticheart
December 3rd, 2013, 01:25
Dreamland-like scenery, UncleTgt! Beautiful job!

:applouse: :applouse: :applouse:

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Captain Kurt
December 3rd, 2013, 14:46
Really first class. Thank you.