PDA

View Full Version : Simtech Beech 18

fde_bressy
November 26th, 2013, 01:58
I'm sorry to come back on this topic, but last time I asked the question, the answers I got were about converting Milton Shupe's nice Beech 18....

So, please could anybody answer the question:

Has anybody succeeded in converting Simtech's Beech 18 to CFS 2 ?

Next question is:

Could this happy fellow forward his conversion to the library ?

Regards to all of you

PS: I'm working on a set of repaints for Caudron Goeland, which I intend to upload in the next 2 weeks.

François

Blood_Hawk23
November 26th, 2013, 12:43
good question. Has anyone tried?

If I can get the perms and remember how... I'll give it a go.

nevermind look in the Warbird's Library. Its up now. wait thats Milton Shupe's.

Captain Kurt
November 26th, 2013, 14:44
I tried a couple of times to convert the Simtech but w/ MkMdl didn't get very far before it failed out.

Shupe's model - converted by Achim was missing from the library for a while but has since been uploaded. Also OBIO did an update of Achim's conversion that was also missing, so I just uploaded his update.

Why worry about the Simtech model? The Shupe D-18 is both a good model and available for CFS2. I'd just use that.

fde_bressy
November 27th, 2013, 02:02
Hello Captain,

"Why worry about Simtech's Beech" is a real good question, and the only answer I can give is: Because.

Because it's worth worrying about hot water, when cold water cleans as well...

I can maybe appear a little bit stubborn, but if we don't worry about such questions, we'll stop converting nice planes originally concieved for other sims, and we'll miss them.

I always hope somebody will answer my question, I converted the Model file with Ivan's MDLC and changed the air file, but the resulting .MD2 file, once renamed as .mdl, does not let the aircraft appear in the game, and generates a CTD. I don't know what causes this, and it prevented me from sleeping during the last nights...

François

Blood_Hawk23
November 27th, 2013, 09:46
Hello Captain,

"Why worry about Simtech's Beech" is a real good question, and the only answer I can give is: Because.

Because it's worth worrying about hot water, when cold water cleans as well...

I can maybe appear a little bit stubborn, but if we don't worry about such questions, we'll stop converting nice planes originally concieved for other sims, and we'll miss them.

I always hope somebody will answer my question, I converted the Model file with Ivan's MDLC and changed the air file, but the resulting .MD2 file, once renamed as .mdl, does not let the aircraft appear in the game, and generates a CTD. I don't know what causes this, and it prevented me from sleeping during the last nights...

François

Your half way there. it sounds like the conversion isn't complete. try making it a FS2002 then converting to CFS2. if you already tried that then i'm not sure without trying myself and seeing the results. you should end up with a mdl and all of the extras.

Blood_Hawk23
November 27th, 2013, 10:13
ok can someone point me to the model.

I have the hardest time search the library for anything.

Blood_Hawk23
November 27th, 2013, 12:37
Ok I found it. saddly i'm not able to get it to convert. I even tried another conversion of that model with no luck. Which means someone with more knowlage and experience is required.

If you can get ahold of Cliff Presley, who did a conversion of this aircraft, He might be able to help.

fde_bressy
November 27th, 2013, 23:49
Hello Blood Hawk,

Thanks for trying, but we come to the same conclusion, i.e. we need support from a real professional to convert this A/C.
I'll try and join Cliff Pressley, as you suggested it.

Have a nice day

François