PDA

View Full Version : P3D 1.4 and CH Product users

Crusader
November 25th, 2013, 05:17
(For 1.4 Users only *)2.0 picked up my CH Pro Pedals and CH Fightstick(Old F16 Combat stick) and all operated well with the exception of the throttle . Just a reminder , you can safely copy your XML and XMLX control files from your 1.4 over to your 2.0 and all is well . (Recommend backing up XML and XMLX first ) . My location of above files : C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls .(XXX--your user Name) Now , if I can just figure out all of the Graphical settings in the menu( I need some serious studying here) . I changed my default aircraft to Lionheart's Acclaim(Thanks Bill) to start my initial sight seeing after installation until I start adding some aircraft and scenery . My old eyes can't pick up all the excellent changes buzzing across the treetops in a Raptor(Which I love to fly :icon_lol:

Love 2.0 , (I've already experienced the moving inside cockpit shadows from the sun this morning)

Rich

Lionheart
November 25th, 2013, 10:11
Thanks Rich for the heads up. Im going to sticky this for a few days.

Bill

roger-wilco-66
February 18th, 2014, 22:07
I also use the sturdy old CH Combat stick - it never had a problem with it in any sim I used. Works like a charm in P3Dv2. The only mechanical problem were the trimming wheels for the x and y axis - the centering had too much play and the were prone to accidental movement. But I unhooked their linkage so they are non functional now. All well.

Cheers,
Mark

Crusader
February 19th, 2014, 05:14
I also use the sturdy old CH Combat stick - it never had a problem with it in any sim I used. Works like a charm in P3Dv2. The only mechanical problem were the trimming wheels for the x and y axis - the centering had too much play and the were prone to accidental movement. But I unhooked their linkage so they are non functional now. All well.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark , my old Combat Stick must be pushing 9 or 10 years . It has served me well over the years . I also have the CH Yoke and Pro Pedals . I occasionally use silicone spray (lightly) on the wheels of the Stick and Yoke but it has a tendency to get gummy so I don't do it very often .

Rich:guinness: