PDA

View Full Version : Hello, it's been a while.

erufle
November 24th, 2013, 02:15
Let's see, I had back surgery the first of July. This was a complete reconstruction of T2 all the way down to my sacrum where they found it necessary to level things out. I just quit doing much of anything due to pain issues. I managed to resume teaching in August, which took all of my energy. Now, the lovely '01 Corvette convertible I managed to buy cheaply from my late Father-in-Law's estate 2 years ago is demanding some off-season attention. Once that is done I want to spend more time back in the CFS2 community.

The old HP laptop I used for the past five years has about had it and I will likely inherit my wife's 2-year-old Dell laptop. The Dell runs CFS2 more accurately, can manage bigger files (dp, aircraft, etc.), and has a bigger dedicated graphics card. I hope this means I can fixes some of the bugs I could never get rid of when I used the HP. I might also try getting the language packs to work better, they have always been kind of "buggy." I should wait to see if the Dell will SplitGVR better than the old HP, or if it will run it at all. But mostly I want to get back to what I bought CFS2 for, blowing #%€¥ up!

misson
November 24th, 2013, 03:02
Let's see, I had back surgery the first of July. This was a complete reconstruction of T2 all the way down to my sacrum where they found it necessary to level things out. I just quit doing much of anything due to pain issues. I managed to resume teaching in August, which took all of my energy. Now, the lovely '01 Corvette convertible I managed to buy cheaply from my late Father-in-Law's estate 2 years ago is demanding some off-season attention. Once that is done I want to spend more time back in the CFS2 community.

The old HP laptop I used for the past five years has about had it and I will likely inherit my wife's 2-year-old Dell laptop. The Dell runs CFS2 more accurately, can manage bigger files (dp, aircraft, etc.), and has a bigger dedicated graphics card. I hope this means I can fixes some of the bugs I could never get rid of when I used the HP. I might also try getting the language packs to work better, they have always been kind of "buggy." I should wait to see if the Dell will SplitGVR better than the old HP, or if it will run it at all. But mostly I want to get back to what I bought CFS2 for, blowing #%€¥ up! Glad to see ya again amigo!

Finn
November 24th, 2013, 07:29
Wonderful to have you back in the basement, hopefully that back will get better.
Finn

Captain Kurt
November 24th, 2013, 08:17
Hey Ed

Sorry to hear about the back. I hope they fixed it permanently for you.