PDA

View Full Version : Printer problems.....GRRRRRRRRrrrrrr!

Navy Chief
November 23rd, 2013, 14:39
I have a heck of a time with printers. Currently I have a Brother HL 2270DW Monochrome Laser printer that is wireless capable.

My wife is able to print wirelessly to it through our network from her Apple Macbook Pro. I USED to be able to do that from my desktop PC, but for some stupid reason, it will not now. I am able to print, connected via USB cable; no problem.

When I sync the printer with the "WPS" buttons on it and the router in the other room, a page DOES print out, saying the connection is successful.

Yet I am unable to print wirelessly from my desktop. WTF???? #Q(*&(*&#&^^&#)@! NC

Driver is up to date.

airtj
December 25th, 2013, 17:55
Can you ping the printers IP address from your desktop,if not your computer and printer could be on different networks. Windows firewall can block wireless printing. Is the printer have a static IP Address? Is the printer set up as the default printer? Under the printer properties under ports does it show TCP/IP Port? How was the printer set up for the wireless printing, was it through the manufactures setup?