PDA

View Full Version : "Defenders Of Down Under" now uploaded to Youtube!

DauntlessDriver546
January 17th, 2009, 13:38
Hey guys!

As a special thank you gift for bearcat and DeathFromAbove, I put in 7 hours today finishing Part 1 and completing all of Part II of my third full-length film, "Defenders Of Down Under." I'll be thanking bearcat again when I complete my Okinawa Project, and I also have a "Youtube Special" to make when wolfi releases the Ki-44. I might do a project on Japanese Secret Weapons as well.

Some new features in this video that have not been in my previous videos:

1.) Narration and voices. I got Audacity and a new headset with mic so I could record some narration and pilot talk for the movie. This consumed the majority of my time, and the "radio chat" in part II was hardest. I laid three audio tracks down... one was the music, one was my hand cupped over my mouth talking, and the third (for the background of the radio) was also done by me because I could not find the right controls to make the voices sound like they were coming from a plane's radio. Couple that with airplane engine noises, and PRESTO!

Keep in mind that I am not British, so if the accent sounds corny, you know where to find me... :engel016:

It was really hard to mix all that together too... Audacity doesn't like my computer... :argue:

2.) DFA's CAMERA PLANE! My new secret weapon! The opening screen and the "fly-throughs", if you will, were done using DFA's invisible camera plane... thank you DFA, I hope this will make your hard work pay off.

3.) Chase View: I found through Dirtman's uploaded keyboard help guide thing, that if you hit ctrl + F4, then you can hit Tab and zoom in on the OTHER planes in the air doing their thing... VERY fun... new perspective on things, for sure.

I really enjoyed this project, and I hope that it shows! I think these videos will provide a refreshing look at what is to come compared to my old videos; it's like night and day.

With that... I present to you, friends of the Basement... "Defenders of Down Under."

PART 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjJxWt49GWI

PART 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAyuPwFP4Sc

Leave any comments or suggestions here! Thank you!

... :faint:...

DD546

bearcat241
January 17th, 2009, 20:55
Not bad at all DD...the narrative and radio chatter was a nice touch too. From having to do all that camera work while flying the mission also from takeoff through combat to touchdown, you must be a pretty good stick. No target selection brackets, very little target locking and knocking down bogies in external view is challenging stuff requiring great marksmanship. Not to mention how difficult it is to land straight and relatively smooth in external view from a lateral camera angle. :medals:

Good work! :applause:

Lawdog2360
January 18th, 2009, 05:14
Cool stuff, DD. I especially liked the motorcycle drive-by. And the voice overs, while perhaps not authentic, were quite believeable, and lent a good movie an added touch of realism, IMHO. Well done! :applause:

Skipsan
January 18th, 2009, 06:59
Well Done:applause::applause::applause: Absolutely perfect choice of fonts for the subject matter. Wonderful music choice and placement

BZ all round.:Banane35::Banane35::Banane35:

Skipsan:kilroy:

R C CAWTE
January 19th, 2009, 01:24
Nice one DD.If you want a real Aussie accent for naration in the future give me a call.:australia:

PSULLYKEYS
January 19th, 2009, 05:39
Great Job DD!!:ernae:

Dirtman
January 19th, 2009, 09:31
Well now "Mr Hollywood"; it seems you've produced your best effort yet.

I am very impressed with not only your storyline, but also with your advancing cinematic skills as it was consistently interesting to watch. The motorcycle sequence was BRILLIANT!!!

I have but two points to bring to your attention:

1) At this stage of the game, I recommend you purchase the "full on" version of FRAPS. BECAUSE YOUR TALENT & ABILITY WARRANTS IT.

This will also remove the "Fraps" logo from the screen as I feel this degrades your work.

2) "DFA's CAMERA PLANE! My new secret weapon!" ... " thank you DFA, I hope this will make your hard work pay off."

Well .... not exactly correct.

This unit as uploaded by Mr DFA is merely a slightly altered variant based upon the MK-10 torpedo. (made as a weapon for the drivable British "D Class" sub & used in VN's PT Boat)

It was originally produced by Gerald Goldsmith aka "JOCOOL" in Jan 2004.

Many people have used it (me included) in the role of "camera plane" since then. (because it is invisible & therefore does not clutter the subject of the shot)

I mean no disrespect to Mr DFA; but in this instance; he seems to have "reinvented the wheel".

I feel that Mr Goldsmith is truly the one who deserves the lions share of the credit here for his foresight & ingenuity.

Keep up the GREAT WORK DD!!!

- there just might be an "Oscar" award in yer future!!!

.... 71875

PS. Watch out for that R.C.Cawte fellow ...... yes he has the Aussie accent .... but he will also drink ALL YOUR BEER ... faster than you ever though possible. He is a past member of the: Australian Olympic Drinking Team & Gold Medal holder.

VFC_Baxter
January 19th, 2009, 11:33
Great stuff cobber keep it comin. You are an ozzie now:ernae:

DauntlessDriver546
January 19th, 2009, 12:50
Thanks for the insight, Dirt! I will put the credit where it is due next time... didn't know...:rapture:

VFC, what's an ozzie? :friday:

hewman100
January 21st, 2009, 01:48
1. Someone from Oz: a munchkin, flying monkey, wizard, witch, scarecrow, tin man or the like

2. A Brummie music star, now better known for some reality TV show he did.

3. A native of Australia, usually descended from miscreants of a once Great colonial power who used it as a vast open air prison a couple of hundred years ago.

;)

safn1949
January 21st, 2009, 08:22
Very nice,thanks.:friday:

TARPSBird
January 21st, 2009, 09:59
This is the error message I'm getting on YouTube when I try to access DD546's clips:
"Defenders of Down Under
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/)."
I'll probably show my computer illiteracy here, but I've never had JavaScript loaded on my computer and I've viewed other videos just fine. Is anybody using RealPlayer v9.0 successfully? :confused:

Dirtman
January 21st, 2009, 10:54
This is the error message I'm getting on YouTube when I try to access DD546's clips:
"Defenders of Down Under
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/)."
I'll probably show my computer illiteracy here, but I've never had JavaScript loaded on my computer and I've viewed other videos just fine. Is anybody using RealPlayer v9.0 successfully? :confused:

IMHO "Real Player" is a virus.

Each time you open it, it will set 2 "tracker cookies" in whatever browser you are using. This my friend is SPYWARE

The wonderful people at Real player are tracking your internet habits .... nice eh?

I have ripped it out & thrown it way a long long time ago.

Go & get Flash Player from Adobe (freeware) and have a look at DD's vid ... the lad has really done a GREAT JOB.

Get it here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I hope this helps you out. :friday:

TARPSBird
January 21st, 2009, 11:22
Dirt, that was my mistake, I meant Flash Player v9.0 not RealPlayer. I already got rid of RealPlayer because of the spyware issue.

Update: I installed FlashPlayer v9.0 and I'm still not able to view DD's videos. Can't install v10 because I'm still using Windows ME. Oh well...

MARCUS
January 21st, 2009, 15:19
Nice video!!! Keep it going.

Dirtman
January 21st, 2009, 15:42
Dirt, that was my mistake, I meant Flash Player v9.0 not RealPlayer. I already got rid of RealPlayer because of the spyware issue.

Update: I installed FlashPlayer v9.0 and I'm still not able to view DD's videos. Can't install v10 because I'm still using Windows ME. Oh well...

No sweat TB. Everyone should know about the RealPlayer / spyware issue anyhow.

I guess ya need to enable Java script too? Maybe install Java (freeware)

Best of Luck! :wave:

TARPSBird
January 22nd, 2009, 20:08
My FlashPlayer problem resolved itself (hehe, I have no idea what I did right or wrong) and I finally got to view DD's "Defense of Down Under" vids. Outstanding job of video editing and sound track selection! It's amazing how good CFS2 still looks after eight years. I got a kick out of the motorcycle guy in part 1! :d

Pen32Win
January 22nd, 2009, 21:10
Wonderful work DD. Great Story, Super Editing and a Very Pleasing Soundtrack to boot. Two Thumbs Up and a :ernae: for good measure!

Ravenna
January 24th, 2009, 21:56
Good work DD, but get an Aussie accent!:costumes: