PDA

View Full Version : GAS Mystery Ship Mission Idea

P38man
November 20th, 2013, 18:03
Someone else mentioned this here, I want to raise it again with some other ideas too.

I don't know anything about missions but want was thinking a single mission could be made.

Also a small executable outside could be run outside of FSX prior to running FSX to simply manipulate the text files of the mission and the planes.
- to change which plane you choose to fly
- to change the relative position of the planes in the mission so not always the same
- to change a "detonation_onset" figure for each plane randomly within a certain range which would be different for each plane.

Basically the Chevy was not reliable at all so that could be modelled, another one was best at 3/4's throttle generally.

The mission would be such that to win you would need to be in the red for a period of time close to the engine failing.

Any end user could make small changes to HP and detonate_onset to change difficulty so it theoretically could be a mission that would always be fresh.

I don't have the skills to do this yet and have no idea how long this would take someone to make - 1 day or 3 months??

If someone could point how long and if it isn't too long I might have a go myself.

Not sure what is or not possible other than the detonation_onset changes randomly which I am sure I could code (maybe just make 10 cfg files per plane and randomly swap them using DOS script with the random part coming from the the time eg you ran the file at 12:34pm so use 34 - just thinking).

P38man
November 20th, 2013, 18:26
The thinking being that if you keep track of your results over time you will work out for each plane individually how far on average you can push them plus there is a random factor if you are feeling lucky!

I think there is enough info on the planes do do this for 3 of the models especially but have not got enough info about the others.

Could manually keep a record of results for each plane in a text file like a spreadsheet kind of thing.

Anyway you get the idea.