PDA

View Full Version : RAF molesworth uploaded

Shylock
January 17th, 2009, 12:32
As per request I hve built the RAF molesworth for a member and have uploaded it to avsim. I really liked how this one came out considering I couldn't find many pics of the base. If you guys like it, I take request ;)

Roger
January 17th, 2009, 12:56
Thanks for this Scott, but I have a problem with runways being in a trench. I have Genesis mesh installed but I don't think it's the problem. With Molesworth activated an aircraft sits at 250' on the runway; with Molesworth deactivated an aircraft sits at only 5' higher (in the middle of a housing estate, lol) whereas the sides of the trench created when Molesworth is activated seems much higher.
I'm really enjoying your other sceneries so I'd be really pleased if a solution can be found.

Regards,

Roger.

Bone
January 17th, 2009, 13:04
You got that done fast, and I'm on my way over to AVSIM right now. I got Deenethorpe this morning, thanks for all of the work.

Bone
January 17th, 2009, 13:25
Hey Scott, I'm having a problem with the scenery, also. The runways and taxiways are hovering at about 100 feet above ground level. I'm not using any mesh or anything like that, it's stock FSX terrain. The buildings are solidly on the ground, it's just the pavement that's misbehaving.

Roger
January 17th, 2009, 13:46
Hey Scott, I'm having a problem with the scenery, also. The runways and taxiways are hovering at about 100 feet above ground level. I'm not using any mesh or anything like that, it's stock FSX terrain. The buildings are solidly on the ground, it's just the pavement that's misbehaving.
Interesting. All my runways are about 100' below ground, including taxiways, aprons and buildings.

Shylock
January 17th, 2009, 16:18
hmmmm interesting. I had tested this not only on my system but on a teammates and didn't have anything. wrong. I'm going to work on this through the night. I found out through a scenery developer that the stock FSX for the UK is all wrong. I had a problem with this when I had downloaded a RAF airfield and installed it only to find it sitting in between mountains where in the real world was a flat field.I'll try a d reado the polygen around the airfield. I do use Just flights VFR scenery 1 and 2. So the airfield is in the correct location. Sorry guys, but im going to figure this out as soon as I can.

Roger
January 17th, 2009, 16:23

Bone
January 17th, 2009, 16:46
Bassingbourne and Deenethorpe are spot-on, I wonder why Molesworth could be problematic.

Just the same, your efforts are appreciated.

Shylock
January 17th, 2009, 16:53
Before I zipped it up I am pretty sure that I used the Polygon tool to flatten and exclude the default FSX buildings there. If anybody had ADE program maybe you can try to redo the Polygon around the airfield and compile it. This sounds like what the problem might be. But im on my girlfriends computer right now out of state and having a buddy retesting it as I type here. He doesnt know how to use the ADE so I wont be able to attack it until monday night when im back in New York. This sucks I feel so bad for you guys.

Whats strange I recieved a email saying it worked for them. Im lost here. Once I get it I'll email everybody the fix by tuesday afternoon. If you like messge me here with your email address or email me at FSXblueangel7@gmail.com and I will reply with it.

Once again sorry for the inconvience.

IanP
January 18th, 2009, 04:05
It looks like the airfield elevation doesn't match the flatten elevation.

I'll decompile the two files later today and see what I can do, until you get back to your main PC. :)

EDIT:
Yes, the flatten file is considerably higher than the airfield. it looks like you have changed the altitude of one, but not the other. I used to do that fairly regularly, hence ability to spot it.

TEMPORARY FIX.
Just replace the UKMO_ADE_SCOTTY_CVX.bgl file from the zip with this one: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/UKMO_ADE_SCOTTY_CVX.bgl - it's not the accurate shape, but will do until Shylock gets his PC back...

Shylock
January 20th, 2009, 11:03
Update here you go just unzip and place into your FSX/ADDONSCENERY/SCENERY folder and click yes to replace

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MK8EDYAU

If you dont like the Megaupload it should be up on Avsim later on today once its approved

Roger
January 20th, 2009, 12:23
That's sorted it!:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/molesworth.jpg

Bone
January 20th, 2009, 14:27
It's working for me, too.

Shylock
January 20th, 2009, 16:24
woohoo I was in a rush on friday and on my way out the door I came back in wanting to change the altitude to close to what it was. So when I did it I didnt change the Polygon background for it lol oops. Sometimes I guess its best to leave it how it was the first time. Big thanks to Ian for helping out there while I was away. Goes to show that even though we dont know each other, people with a common passion can extend a helping hand when one is in need. :ernae: