PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Shots/Construction Begins!

Wyld45
November 20th, 2013, 10:47
Here are shots I worked on today for facilities in Dublin.

The opening to this series will take place here.

CFS3 Mission Story.....Untill now,Ireland had stayed neutral and out of Germanys war. Chancellor
Von Richtoven visits with Irelands current leader, President Eamon de Valera in Dublin and demands the President to sign a pact with Germany to ensure Germanys control in England.

westview
November 20th, 2013, 12:26
Looks great! Maybe some Irish Air Corps A/C or some hypothetical Irish A/C for the mission set.

HouseHobbit
November 20th, 2013, 15:28
Too Cool!!
Thanks!!

Wyld45
November 20th, 2013, 16:24
Looks great! Maybe some Irish Air Corps A/C or some hypothetical Irish A/C for the mission set.

We shall consulte with the Great,House Hobbit for thee appropriate aircraft,but sounds good.

What are you thinking Mr.Owen??

HouseHobbit
November 20th, 2013, 18:18
I believe this is a a subject I will have to consider..

Perhaps a run with the early models in some, Hurricanes, Spits, Fw 190a Bf 109 F & G then to the more advanced models as the missions continue..

With the extra ordinary nature of this perhaps some of the advanced birds, P-55..Do 335 Me 262..
Later models and advanced models spit mk XIV, etc. might be interesting..
The F5F might be a Good one to make a Irish skin for..
With the interesting nature might need a few interesting models could be used..

We have a vast amount to chose from my friend, as you get this set up send some to me and I will try to give some of them a Hobbit's point of action and view..
Oh yea!
Grateful your back at Wyld House creating for all..
BRAVO!!
And there is Much rejoicing!

westview
November 20th, 2013, 19:14
The Irish Air Corps had a squadron of Gladiators, Hurricanes, Ansons, Lysanders, Battles (we have a skin for this thanks to Nigel) and I think Audax's or Harts. But Fw-200's, Do-17, Ju-88's and He-111 all crashed or crash landed in Eire during the Battle of Britain and battle of the Atlantic. Later in the war a lot of B-17/24's, B-25/26's, and a few P-51, P-47 and P-38 all either made emergency landings or crash landings on Irish soil while being ferried across the Atlantic.

So I guess there's two scenarios: One where they joined with Germany to fight England and one where they resisted Germany and allied with, well, the Allies.

If the aligned with Germany I would imagine Germany would have supplied the IAC with aircraft similar to what was supplied to other minor allies like Finland, Hungary and Romania. So, some Italian types such as Cr-42's, G.50, Br.20, Cr-32. and German types such as the Ju-87, Ju-88, Ju-52, early Bf-109 models, Early Bf-110's, and maybe some captured French types.

If they allied with Britain, certainly British and American aircraft, but outdated. Early Tomahawks, Early Mustangs, Blenhiems, Baltimores and Marylands, Hurricanes, Spits (mk. I and V), Maybe Defiants.

So there's a lot of potential with this!
Maybe when classes are finished I can try my hand at a few skins!

Wyld45
November 20th, 2013, 21:44
The Irish Air Corps had a squadron of Gladiators, Hurricanes, Ansons, Lysanders, Battles (we have a skin for this thanks to Nigel) and I think Audax's or Harts. But Fw-200's, Do-17, Ju-88's and He-111 all crashed or crash landed in Eire during the Battle of Britain and battle of the Atlantic. Later in the war a lot of B-17/24's, B-25/26's, and a few P-51, P-47 and P-38 all either made emergency landings or crash landings on Irish soil while being ferried across the Atlantic.

So I guess there's two scenarios: One where they joined with Germany to fight England and one where they resisted Germany and allied with, well, the Allies.

If the aligned with Germany I would imagine Germany would have supplied the IAC with aircraft similar to what was supplied to other minor allies like Finland, Hungary and Romania. So, some Italian types such as Cr-42's, G.50, Br.20, Cr-32. and German types such as the Ju-87, Ju-88, Ju-52, early Bf-109 models, Early Bf-110's, and maybe some captured French types.

If they allied with Britain, certainly British and American aircraft, but outdated. Early Tomahawks, Early Mustangs, Blenhiems, Baltimores and Marylands, Hurricanes, Spits (mk. I and V), Maybe Defiants.

So there's a lot of potential with this!
Maybe when classes are finished I can try my hand at a few skins!

Excellent Westview and Owen. So great to know that we do have just about anything for
the appropriate setting! Also, since I guess this would help, first event will take place
in May 1939. Didnt really want to go back any earlier than that.

I will still use standard aircraft in the original making, but as I get the missions out to Owen,
he can call in his resources and make the adjustments for the specific episodes.

HouseHobbit
November 21st, 2013, 04:32
COOL!!
since this would truly be a What-if set, this could be really interesting for a hobbit.
I remember some years back of a "What if" set of books, (what if Germany won, What if America didn't join the war stuff)

Starting in 1939, this era is well covered with aircraft from our Masters
The aircraft from this era Ju 87, Hurricanes, Spits, Me 109 D-E models, etc.. Are well covered..

Perhaps there is a skinner out there that might have the time to make a set of Irish skins, for this What if set up..
Looking forward to this as a fun group of missions to dance with..
BRAVO..