PDA

View Full Version : i really need help...i need a paint of the virtavia B24

Daveroo
November 19th, 2013, 19:48
well i guess it would be the old Alpha sim,B-24J, the one with the nose turret. to set this up,i need a paint of a plane a family friend was a crew chief on in world war two,based in italy in 44-45,

he was with the 15th AF,459th BG,757th BS,the plane is B24H-20-CF,named "Great Speckled Bird",,, i read a article online that the -H-20-CF's had the nose turret,a larger "window" for the tailgunner ,the side or waist gunners positions had glass coverings,with the guns mounted in a port,they were also offset ,same as the B-17s.

i want to have the plane in the sim for me to fly,but i also want to take screen shots of it on the ground and in flight,and from differant angles,then im going to print the screenies,put them into "cheep" (unfortunately i cant spend big bucks on photo frames,) frames,and then i want to give one to Berts wife ,Refina (they married when she was 15yo and off to war he went),she is ofcourse still alive,bert isnt.and to his/hers gandson,and their daughter,,,maybe even my sister,,Bert and Refina were my sisters inlaws until mike (the slug) passed away.my dad and bert joined the auburn fire department in January of 1962,i was born in jully 1962,so ive known them litterally my entire life,and from 1969 to the presant day,the family lives directly across the street from our home.the two families also belonged to the Auburn Jeep club,who btw were the ones to pioneer the imfamous "Rubicon trail" over the sierra nevada's,there is a man now who bought up all the small sections of private land in the trails area,and closed the trail to all but his clubs who pay ig bucks to use it now....he also claims HE created it.the "49ers" miners,started the trail in the 1800s,it was one of the trails from the comstock load to nevada citywhere the only assyers office was at the time.

ANYWAY

the plane.
15th AF,459th BG,757th BS,B24H-20-CF,# 42-50299,"Great Speckled Bird",it was Over all Olive Drab,with the lighter colored belly (light blue?),the name great speckled bird was on both sides of the nose.behind the waist gun positions was a large black square pained with a red "7B" ,again both sides.the tails had yellow and black checker board pattern on the bottom half,top half was OD with a large red Diamond,the bird also had a small red heart painted below and to the back of the diamond on the rudder itself.oh and ofcourse the black numbers 250299 on the tail surface too.
ive searched and search for online photos of this plane but i cant find any.i do have some very small B&W photos im going to scan in and show here,if i can figure it out..for now..this is from the 459th bgs website.

the 459th tailpaint ,757ths Patch 15th AAF patch
note the heart
it was on the rudder
below the center of the diamond
and above the yellow and black checker board.

438 439

the man with his hands on his hips is Lt Charles Nimerala he was the pilot #566

Bert was number #835 im guessing this is the last three digits on their dogtags?..the serial number?

ok to any one who is willing thank you...if you want money?..please lets talk!! i need this..please.

Ian Warren
November 20th, 2013, 00:16
Dave , I currently have the B-24 installed , I be happy to give it a go for ya if no one else wants a go at it , the B-24 is a Consolidated (CF) built and have artwork from 2nd Air Division 8th AF so close to the serial number it would be the same paint camo and grey underbelly , have little on the 15th but i'm sure with a little artist licence and further research can be done and it will be fun ... from the looks also needs a little ruffing up :sneakiness:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
November 23rd, 2013, 19:26
Great getting the feed back and Dave digging up extra information regarding the 15th AF , what we have so far - lot is to change but she is looking good
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/23/jOAPV.jpg<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Daveroo
November 23rd, 2013, 20:08
love it so far Ian..thanks..

Ian Warren
November 23rd, 2013, 20:32
She is a pretty aircraft , well it is a WWII bomber :) just a pleasure to follow your direction :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

trucker17
November 24th, 2013, 12:50
Paint is looking great Ian.......

Ian Warren
November 25th, 2013, 19:34
Thanks mister Truckster , had a few ... well like everyone else PC issue 's , i'll get back on track and sort the wings and engine nacelle tex's ... least the older pc now set for paint and edit , other PC has the fuselage details - stupid me saved them fine but simply forgot to transfer the file and details before the other went in the shop ... "Hello Mc-Fly" .. knock knock :icon_eek:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

trucker17
November 25th, 2013, 21:17
Thanks mister Truckster , had a few ... well like everyone else PC issue 's , i'll get back on track and sort the wings and engine nacelle tex's ... least the older pc now set for paint and edit , other PC has the fuselage details - stupid me saved them fine but simply forgot to transfer the file and details before the other went in the shop ... "Hello Mc-Fly" .. knock knock :icon_eek:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden">

Hey I know the feeling.....When I updated my home system, I deleted everything I had.....Including all the sceneries, aircraft, paints, etc......:disgust:
Took forever to track everything back down again, and then get it loaded, or reactivated.....But in the end it was worth it....Now system is up to date, and fast....
Keep the paints coming.....Looking forward to them.....
Myself I am working on a couple of Requested paints for the A2A P51D....
Good luck my friend....
Craig..

Ian Warren
November 26th, 2013, 00:03
Good luck my friend....
Craig..
Cheers Matey , I did not really loose anything .. just simply raced to get one PC in the shop figuring I could carry on with other areas on this PC .. old story .. and i should no after years of engineering .. never rush or you could get hurt, fortunate everything is saved but on the PC in the shop :wink: and well looking at the - Dave's "Great Speckled Bird" .. see really needs her feathers ruffled ... give it that real sortie feel :mixed-smiley-010:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
November 29th, 2013, 14:45
Sorry for the delay Dave , my friendly computer man has my FS PC glued back together and away we go .. with the information sent and what i dug over the last few days looks like things are more accurate ....it sure has heck missed your Thanksgiving and sure as i no ya get it in the next week .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Daveroo
November 29th, 2013, 15:15
take your time Ian..at your pace,i plan on giving the prints (screenshots) to Refina and Erma after christmas...

Ian Warren
November 29th, 2013, 15:40
take your time Ian..at your pace,i plan on giving the prints (screenshots) to Refina and Erma after christmas...
Not a problem Dave :cool:.. this group had bits and piece glued to almost like my PC off the last couple of days .. idea get it as close as possible within a few days , its mainly getting to look the part of harsh field mods .. course love to crawl into the cockpit and change the textures in it , jeez love these WWII types :single_eye:

trucker17
November 29th, 2013, 21:33
Cheers Matey , I did not really loose anything .. just simply raced to get one PC in the shop figuring I could carry on with other areas on this PC .. old story .. and i should no after years of engineering .. never rush or you could get hurt, fortunate everything is saved but on the PC in the shop :wink: and well looking at the - Dave's "Great Speckled Bird" .. see really needs her feathers ruffled ... give it that real sortie feel :mixed-smiley-010:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">

Yeah...Nothing like giving them that rode hard and put up wet look.......You think, AM I REALLY GOING TO CLIMB INTO THAT THING AND GO FLYING.....As you watch the wings shake and rattle, and the engine smoke and cough.....:mixed-smiley-010:

Ian Warren
November 29th, 2013, 22:26
Yeah...Nothing like giving them that rode hard and put up wet look.......You think, AM I REALLY GOING TO CLIMB INTO THAT THING AND GO FLYING.....As you watch the wings shake and rattle, and the engine smoke and cough.....:mixed-smiley-010:
Craig :sneakiness: , yeah nothing like the ole .. blimey heck .. am i going to drive that to war today Impression :subdued:

Edit : Good thing for the Libby Lovers/WWII Bomber fans - its on special over at PCAviator
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
December 2nd, 2013, 12:37
Little further research found the metallic ( appears white ) are on 1944 J models , were your 1942-50299 H model is olive drab as in the little photo posted , like most bomber in the theaters they were replaced and keeping the same name , very sure the number on the tails has the 4 deleted and numbered 250299 in yellow.

Daveroo
December 2nd, 2013, 13:54
did you recieve my email stating that i got word from the FB group that the engine cowls are red,with red or black on the center of the horizontal stab?...

Ian Warren
December 2nd, 2013, 14:30
Yes i did get your mail hence the digging into the extra research course the b/w photos post was a good direction to interpret the period , course the weathering almost dates it well to the time being olive drab .