PDA

View Full Version : Wyld45's Next Missions!/TURNING TIDES

Wyld45
November 19th, 2013, 11:58
It has been awhile since I even tinkered with building any serious missions,and my last ones were
with the fantastic help of the great House Hobbit. Today I sparked upon a new idea,(with a little
story borrowing,) and with Christmas break from work approaching I will have some much
needed time to work on it.

Some of you may be familiar with a naval game that puts a different spin on the history from
WWI thru WWII that puts the US at odds with Britain,Japan and Germany. The US never had
Pearl Harbor because of certain historical events, and Britain has commited an act to pit the
US against Germany in order to regain England,(belongs to Germany at this time). The British
are currently aligned with Japan and have reorganized somewhere else.

My missions will start somewhere after the main story,and may include Scotland and Ireland
recruiting the US as an immediate ally after it the deed and intentions of the British are found out.

I thought this was a cool spin out of the ordinary and could go somewhere with this. Each mission
would be story-detailed to get the player more aware and involved as the story unfolds.

I'll probably start sometime around Thanksgiving, and welcome any input or ideas for it.

Stay tuned for, "TURNING TIDES" Bill Wyld

grover1
November 19th, 2013, 13:45
Sounds awesome!

I'll be sure to have a look

HouseHobbit
November 19th, 2013, 13:45
Do it Bill, I am here if ya need me..
Oh yea!
And there is much rejoicing!!
:mushroom:

keenanbrown
November 19th, 2013, 15:44
Very nice can't wait, like the fact that is has a different twist on it..

Wyld45
November 19th, 2013, 16:38
Do it Bill, I am here if ya need me..
Oh yea!
And there is much rejoicing!!
:mushroom:

LoL,...and there it is, I was waiting for that one Owen.

Trying to decide from here as to how the US story unfolds. Since I am using the CFS3 original map,
I have thought on how and where their involvement will take place,(or 1st deployment).

The "original" story ends with a surprise attack on German ships at Scapa Flow. Here is the story
from the main event.

After the attack by the Hood, a task force with the Kaiser Wilhelm as its flagship sets out to pursue the escaping British, but it is intercepted by a large American destroyer force which delays the Germans long enough for the Hood to escape. However, intelligence later reveals that the Hood task force was engaged by the Americans, and that it did not escape unscathed. Chapter 1 ends with a cutscene that reveals the Americans have launched a large-scale attack on the German fleet at Scapa Flow, effectively neutralizing the battleships stationed there. Afterwards, there is a short account of Chancellor von Richthofen's visit to the devastated site, which leaves no doubt that this is the alternate form of Pearl Harbor. It is this that seems to effectively paint the Americans as evil, as Richthofen's speech to the masses is eerily similar to that of Roosevelt's speech just after the attack on Pearl Harbor in real life. Also in this scene, Richthofen declares the age of the battleship is over, and that Germany shall build aircraft carriers and thousands of planes with which they shall rule the skies. His part of the epilogue closes with his orders to convert the Bismarck and Tirpitz, still being outfitted at Kiel, to be converted to carry planes. The epilogue ends with some photos of the Bismarck under construction, near completion, and then after conversion to a brand-new class of warship, a battlecarrier. In the final photo, she has a large flight deck across the aft section of the ship, but still bears her two forward dual 14.96" turrets.

I thought of two different spots for US deployment, but this may be where the Naval Game story
ends and mine begins. Scottish and Irish intelligence end up with a lone pilot survivor from the attack and as they learn of the plot,
it puts them at odds with Britain, but gain an Ally in the US, or...Italy turns against Germany and
begins its own fight to be free from the oppressive German machine, and recruits the US as its
Ally against Germany after they also learn about the German fleet attack. But,we shall see!

HouseHobbit
November 19th, 2013, 17:54
Time to dance at Wyld House , Oh yea!!
Got my red dancing shoes on!!
The music is playing..
:friendly_wink:

garykidman
November 20th, 2013, 06:26
I think that it is a brilliant idea i would look forward very much to that