PDA

View Full Version : Real World airports with "taxi up cabins"?

Daveroo
November 18th, 2013, 10:24
we all know about the "100 Dollar hamburger",and im planning buying Guy Fierri's "Diners,Drive inns and Dives" books and use all these books to set my flights,im not happy just getting in an airplane in the sim and just making circles over my home town.

does anyone know of any real world airports or airparks which have on airport,or near by (can taxi to) a lodge or camping cabins?

or would some one be willing to work with me to build an airport or airstrip where we could have a lodge and camping cabins, which the cabins would back up to a river or lake for fishing or peddle boating.

i have sketchup,gimp,artrage studio,autodesk sketchbook express,jasc paint shop pro 8,topo usa 7,street atlas usa 2011,DXTBmp.ink,print shop 15,convert(to convert things like NM to Miles ect).visual aircraft & Scenery studio,FS Design studio V3.5.1,FSScreen,FSREPAINT,FSWIDGETS,and i think i have AFCAD somewhere.

so if someone can help with this,i have these tools to help with,but i dont have a clue how to use then or even start to.

i want this "airport" to be in Idaho,wyoming,or Montana,if someone is willing to help me,and teach me some,then i can do the rest later.OR the first one can be somewhere in New Mexico,i love that country,dont need water there..but maybe a pool....

if any of you remember (i searched,yet could find what i wanted) those places along the old highwaYS,FROM THE LATE 40S-TO MID 60'S,,there would be a building simular to a old Lodge,with a steak house,big room..normally call the "grandroom" where there were many tables and chairs,as well as a few couches and large sitting chairs,this room had large open face fireplaces as well.with small rooms upstairs with a central bathroom shared by everyone in the lodge (lodgers) the one in Colfax Ca had 15 cabins,in an arc behind the lodge,each had a large fireplace,a single mainroom which had a twin or queen sized bed on one side,then a table and chairs to eat at,and a couch and one sitting chair,bathroom out the back.

i envision the same sort of thing for my "airpark" ,then depending on location.a golfcourse,or horseback riding,sking,snowboards,or maybe the one in NM would be on a native american land and they give visitors educational hikes.

remeber we would replace the cars with airplanes. maybe plain dirt strips,or grass.

trucker17
November 18th, 2013, 11:01
we all know about the "100 Dollar hamburger",and im planning buying Guy Fierri's "Diners,Drive inns and Dives" books and use all these books to set my flights,im not happy just getting in an airplane in the sim and just making circles over my home town.

does anyone know of any real world airports or airparks which have on airport,or near by (can taxi to) a lodge or camping cabins?

or would some one be willing to work with me to build an airport or airstrip where we could have a lodge and camping cabins, which the cabins would back up to a river or lake for fishing or peddle boating.

i have sketchup,gimp,artrage studio,autodesk sketchbook express,jasc paint shop pro 8,topo usa 7,street atlas usa 2011,DXTBmp.ink,print shop 15,convert(to convert things like NM to Miles ect).visual aircraft & Scenery studio,FS Design studio V3.5.1,FSScreen,FSREPAINT,FSWIDGETS,and i think i have AFCAD somewhere.

so if someone can help with this,i have these tools to help with,but i dont have a clue how to use then or even start to.

i want this "airport" to be in Idaho,wyoming,or Montana,if someone is willing to help me,and teach me some,then i can do the rest later.OR the first one can be somewhere in New Mexico,i love that country,dont need water there..but maybe a pool....

if any of you remember (i searched,yet could find what i wanted) those places along the old highwaYS,FROM THE LATE 40S-TO MID 60'S,,there would be a building simular to a old Lodge,with a steak house,big room..normally call the "grandroom" where there were many tables and chairs,as well as a few couches and large sitting chairs,this room had large open face fireplaces as well.with small rooms upstairs with a central bathroom shared by everyone in the lodge (lodgers) the one in Colfax Ca had 15 cabins,in an arc behind the lodge,each had a large fireplace,a single mainroom which had a twin or queen sized bed on one side,then a table and chairs to eat at,and a couch and one sitting chair,bathroom out the back.

i envision the same sort of thing for my "airpark" ,then depending on location.a golfcourse,or horseback riding,sking,snowboards,or maybe the one in NM would be on a native american land and they give visitors educational hikes.

remeber we would replace the cars with airplanes. maybe plain dirt strips,or grass.

Daveroo.

I built a custom airport a while back.....THE SOH HIDE-A-WAY.....That has a grass strip, and cabins along the lake that you could pull a float plane right up to. plus a lodge that you have to cross a custom made bridge to get to.....This airport is located on the northern tip of Vancouver Island in Canada.
I have the Aerosoft Catalina, and was able to get it airborn off the lake....
I also have a much larger airport built, But is very large....It has a 12,000 foot concrete runway, a grass strip, as well as a scenery for the warbird, complete with tents, and a Steel Mat runway.
This is the A2A Airport...It is located in Manchester Vermont.....
Download here......http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/2356-fsx-airport-manchester-vermont-usa/
I also have NAS Bidford located at the same site as above, their is also Flight warrant and family airport, and Craig field.....These are all custom airports, but make for nice stop offs....
They can all be found at Lockon Files.....
I am also currently working on rebuilding 14ARD at Gorrie, this was an airport I put out some time ago, I have decided to completely rebuild the airport from scratch, it will be available soon.....
14ARD @ Gorrie is no longer with us. 14 ARD ( Aircraft Repair Depot ). Was an airport during WWII, and dismantled in 1945 after the war ended....That airstrip is dirt....this airport is located in the Northern territory of Australia....This airport is the first in a line of ARD's I am going to be working on reproducing for FSX....For both theaters of operations of WWII....
We have so many nice WWII sceneries out here, but nothing in the way of Aircraft repair depots, that I took on the challenge of reproducing these....

Craig....

Tako_Kichi
November 18th, 2013, 14:36
Do a search on AVSIM, FlightSim or Simviation for sceneries by a guy called 'MoCat'. He did a lot of bush/floatplane packages in themed sets (several of them) and they are very good and have just the types of item you are describing.

http://mainescenery.proboards.com/thread/8025

Daveroo
November 18th, 2013, 14:43
thank you Craig and Larry.....i will do some downloading and search the sites you told me..Dave

trucker17
November 18th, 2013, 15:18
No problem...Happy flights....

Naismith
November 18th, 2013, 15:27
Guy Fierri's "Diners,Drive inns and Dives" MMMmmmmm gastric juices flowing, love that show.

CG_1976
November 18th, 2013, 16:19
Guy Fierri's "Diners,Drive inns and Dives" MMMmmmmm gastric juices flowing, love that show.

You'd fall in love with San Antonio's dives. MoCat also did a famous former Pan Am and USCG Dinner Key Seaplane base.

HvyEng
November 18th, 2013, 16:30
Howdy,

Take a look at Flying W airport in NJ. I used to work there as an A&P, it's a very cool place right in the middle of New Jersey, and a well know (at least locally) hundred-dollar burger spot. No hunting or fishing, but definitely a hot spot in the summer with a good Friday night flying pub crowd.

http://flyingwairport.com/

The only FSX scenery I know of for it is by Drew Sikora.

--Dan

Daveroo
November 18th, 2013, 20:15
Howdy,

Take a look at Flying W airport in NJ. I used to work there as an A&P, it's a very cool place right in the middle of New Jersey, and a well know (at least locally) hundred-dollar burger spot. No hunting or fishing, but definitely a hot spot in the summer with a good Friday night flying pub crowd.

http://flyingwairport.com/

The only FSX scenery I know of for it is by Drew Sikora.

--Dan

than place is pretty cool...thanks...i wish someone could do my home airport,its not fancy like that one..but it has a popular restaurant called "Wings" ,the outside patio eating area is right up to the ramp ..and no one is willing to park a plane right up front because you will get razzed so bad its not funny.the only people who do that ,which blocks the view of the ramp and runway,are the auburn police officers,the girls (all girl waitress's ,and all cute)will not serve the people who park a vehicle or aircraft in the way...

Skyhawk_310R
November 19th, 2013, 19:17

Angel Fire near Santa Fe, New Mexico is a grass strip in a mountain valley that has camping on site. I understand a number of pilots pack up their families and land there and go camping right on the airstrip.

Ken

Daveroo
November 19th, 2013, 20:00
cool Ken Thanks...ive got it marked in google earth.